Tiles not updating with routines

any one any suggestions…

currently have some Alexa activated routines (lights on at sunset) and a linkind and smartthings sensor connectected to Alexa for light control…

ive noticed over the last few days when the routines are activated my dashboard does not change the light states to on…

Lights are Lifx, Wiz and Philips Hue

im sure it used to…status changes if I ask Alexa or google to turn on a light etc

Is this an Alexa issue…am I better at this stage setting a SmartThings hub up I have? ( but never used)

kind regards

@Tom_Smith, have you checked these lights’ states in SmartThings app after the Alexa routines were activated? Since SharpTools gets the state events from SmartThings so the first thing I’d check is if the states in SmartThings are as expected.

Hi when you say this do you mean are they showing as “on” in smartthings app?

It appears that the motion activated lights do not connect status in Smartthings app…

There is also routine activated one which doesn’t…

These are two recent installed bulbs replacing sone hue ones…

An older installed lifx light does change status on the same routine…

If I manually turn same bulb on in smartthings app it does change status

@Tom_Smith, thanks for the updates. You may want to move your automation from Alexa Routine to SharpTools Rule Engine or SmartThings automation. If SmartThings is not getting the device events, it won’t push the events to SharpTools neither.

Is there any reason why you prefer Alexa Routine? If you can describe your automation needs, I’d be more than happy to come up with the rule examples that you can create in SharpTools.

Hi sorry for the non reply, been wanting to monitor the set up to see what it does…

The main reason I used Alexa Routines was long and painful…

no, so a while back a colleague gave me a SmartThings Hub and a door and motion sensor…they weren’t using but the hub had no plug adaptor…I randomly just decided to try the plug for the my hue hub and it worked perfectly…however, I needed this at the time for my last 2 hue lights. The next stumbling block occurred when the hub had no code to re set it…I emailed Samsung but didn’t hear anything back for over a month, the Alexa hub 4th gen then went on offer with amazon so bought that and set up the Zigbee door and motion sensors and things just grew from there, with my dashboard and buying more sensors…frustratingly Samsung then emailed a re set code to use…I’ve kinda never got round to setting it up as all worked perfectly.

ATM im still non the wiser why its not working properly… I reset every LIFX light in the house and set up again ( been meaning to do this for a while as id made the cardinal sinn of moving bulbs and changing names in the non parent app etc)

Everything has worked perfectly for over a week…but I’ve just noticed tonight my evening lights routine has ran and they haven’t activated on the dashboard.

No die why, if I turn the light on with google home, SmartThings App it does - so it seems the issue is definitely with Alexa side…

Originally some of the lights in Alexa were showing as being connect with SmartThings and some lifx…but they all now say lifx…

TBH I hadn’t really thought of using sharptools routines (even though I use them for light reset / all on and off etc) Im assuming I would need to use the smarthings hub to get the motion and door sensors to work?

Just thinking of your point about moving the routines to Sharptools this would still not solve the issue, as I someone used Alexa to turn a light on the dashboard still would not update…

thanks in advance
Tom

Another update…

Its something to do with the Alexa app…

I you ask Alexa to the the light off - light goes off… tile updates

If you use the Alexa app to trigger the light… light goes off…no tile update

hmm