Tiles moving when saving

Any update of this issue? Its getting to be a big task making a simple tile edit, sometimes multiple tiles slip around.

I read though earlier posts today and saw that using Google Development Tools for editing would help this problem. I installed the Dev Tools and so far it looks like it does eliminate the tile dance. I wish I had known this sooner!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to consistently reproduce this. I may be reaching out to some of you directly if youā€™re up for it!

Better yet, if you have steps to create a minimal reproducible example for this, please let us know. :slight_smile:

Update on this, not sure if this is useful info or not.
For me the tiles slip nearly 100% of the time I edit / move anything above the bottom row and hit save, Chrome and Edge. I found that if I move a spacer tile under the bottom row so I get the ā€œDelete Spacersā€ message and hit delete, it doesnā€™t happen, no tile slipping. At least it hasnā€™t happened for me in the last ~10 tile position edits if doing that move spacer to bottom trick.

That is an interesting clue. Iā€™ll take a look at whatā€™s happening in that part of the flow and see if thereā€™s anything that might help the normal saving process.

Just want to update that every dashboard edit if I do that trick by moving spacer tile below bottom tile then save and hit ā€œdelete spacerā€ the issue has been 100% gone still.

thanks for the update.
Iā€™ve had this issue too on my more complex dashboards and brought it up a while back (then it seemed to stop for quite a while, maybe because my dash edits added superfluous spacer tiles). It seemed to be hit and miss, so I will try your trick and see if I get consistency since I always use a windows comp with chrome for edits.

My fix for ā€œscrambled-eggs-after-editing-a-tileā€ is to first make a copy of the tile. The copy will be at the bottom of the dashboard. Do all editing on the copy. When done, remove the original tile and slide the new one in its place. The dashboard can now be saved without any scrambling.

This has been worked every time for me since I began using it several months ago.

1 Like

Same problem here. I have a mixture of different tile sizes. Just when I am satisfied where all the tiles should be, I hit save, and lots of tiles get moved around. Also, can someone reply as to whether to keep a spacer tile, or delete them if they are between current tiles. If the Spacer tiles are only after the last tile, do I Delete or Keep? I am creating the dashboard on a Windows 10, using Firefox, and I am also trying Chrome, both with the same results of moving tiles.

Move or copy a spacer tile to below/underneath the lowest tile on the dashboard. Then when saving and it asks to delete or keep, hit delete.

This tip prevents reshuffling after editing a tile:

Donā€™t edit a tile in itā€™s original position. Instead, copy the tile (to current dashboard) and edit the copy thatā€™s been placed at the bottom of the screen. When finished, remove the original tile and move the copy to the original position.

I guarantee this will work - on your money refunded!

Thanks, will try Can spacers also be accidentally hidden, that impact tiles moving?

No ideaā€¦ Its an issue I open gets fixed.

I am having a problem with tiles moving on window resize.

I use Sharptools in a chrome tab on desktop, and everytime I resize the window the tiles all move around. I have tried big blocky spacers to prevent things moving; Iā€™ve tried no spacersā€¦ Nothing seems to work.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks