Tile color question

Why does changing just a tile’s OFF color

to:

Change the tile’s appearance
Off now
to:
Off proposed

Thanks.

The newest update Josh and James released included color and tile mapping. You can adjust the tiles to have different colors and images to show the different states.

1 Like

Hi @Stan_Silverman thanks for posting and for including the screenshots!

As @Alex_Burrows mentioned, we’ve introduced a new state mapping feature for icons and colors.

If you already have an icon or active/default color configured, you can continue to edit other features of your tiles like labels, dimensions, etc and the tile will retain the ‘legacy’ icon and active/default color choices.

Once you edit the states using the new feature and save the tile, it will use the states you define instead of the ‘legacy’ icon and/or color.

Based on your feedback, I’ve gone ahead and pushed a change to beta to better support legacy icon choices when transitioning to the new state mapped equivalent. In effect, it copies over the single legacy icon choice into each of the new states (eg. it maps the legacy icon to both the On and Off state for switches).

(I’ll look into this for colors as well, but I’m not sure if it will be feasible so I wanted to at least get the legacy icon support out there).

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s really what I was trying to demonstrate.

1 Like

Thanks Stan. The enhancement is in beta. If you want to give it a try and confirm it works as expected for icons, that will help me expedite getting it into production. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Josh!

That’s it!
Beta Off

(You knew it was going to work. Just wanted a pat on the back. Right?)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Stan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The enhancement is now in production too.

1 Like

@Stan_Silverman we pushed an update to beta which improves support for transitioning from active/default color mappings to the new state based mappings (similar to the last update around icons).

If you want to give it a try, we would appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Josh - I played with it a while and believe it to be well done!

BTW, the ability to provide different OFF and ON icons is very nice!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Stan! We’ve pushed the update to production as well. :smiley:

Does everyone realize how great this is?

Motion icons

The proper icons for motion detectors are pre-chosen for you!

My bet is that there’s a load of goodies in SharpTools yet to be discovered. Somebody’s going to have to write a “SharpTools for Dummies” book!

2 Likes