Static icon glow effect on several tiles

I’ve managed to add glow effect on a static icon inside a tile. Problem is, when I press the tile, all other tiles with the same effect starts to glow.
I think it has to do with the style state operator (==, <,> etc.) Can someone please explain how i can get around this?

How did you add the glow effect? If it was done using custom CSS, can you share the snippet you used so we can better understand what was done.

.--theme-style-lysbryter-aktiv .icon {

Thanks for sharing. It looks like that CSS is specifically targeting a named style called Lysbryer-Aktiv. Which means that the glowing will apply to anywhere that style is used. So if you have another tile that’s using that named style, it’s going to glow when that particular style is active.

I’m not sure I understand this comment. The Edit States feature only tells that particular tile which style it should used based on the status of the device. It does not change other tiles. So flipping that one light doesn’t change the style itself.

That being said, if other devices are using that style and they also change state such that the style becomes active, then of course they will display the style as configured. For example, if you have an automation that when you turn on one light, it turns other lights on as well or something like that.

If you only want the glow to apply to a particular tile, then you might consider creating another style with a unique name that you can apply the CSS customization to. Then only configure that one tile to use that unique named style.

I appreciate your help, thank you! Unfortunately i can’t get it to work. I tried to create another style, named “Ludvig-knapp”, and add a new line of css code. Then I linked the tile with the specified style i created.

So now i have two tiles, both of them with different styles i created. “Lysbryter-aktiv” and “Ludvig-knapp”.
When I press tile “Soverom Ludvig”, it starts to glow - as it should. But the other tile starts to glow as well.

That means the other tile is also configured to display one of those two styles and apparently that style configuration is active (eg. the state mapping from the tile’s style configuration is matched).

What is the configuration of the style states for the Soverom Jens tile? It looks like this might be a Super Tile, so you would want to pay very close attention to which resources are used within the Super Tile and within the Style configuration (state mapping).

In your original screenshot from your first post, the style was configured for “Taklampe switch == on”… if both tiles are using that same state mapping, then whenever Taklampe switch is on, then they will both show the configured style. Double check the ‘Things’ in each tile and that your styles are mapping to the devices you expect them to.

1 Like

Thank you! It works! :slight_smile:

1 Like