Standard Thermostat Tile / Mitsubishi / Homey

Like to control my airconditioning via a tile but the thermostat tile only allows me to change set point.and shows current temperature.
If i make a separate tile. direct or via supertile’s, it does show all values like mode/fan/horizontal/vertical/temperature/set etc but i’m only able to switch on and off as action. Did read in other posts that left bottom of the thermostat tile there was an adjust button but this button is not present on my tiles.

How to adjust the other values?

For Homey, the Adjust link only shows up if the device reports a ‘Thermostat Mode’ capability.

You mentioned that there are other values reported for your device including ‘mode’. Can you share the Device ID or Doc ID to support@sharptools.io so I can take a closer look at what’s reported by the device?

As an update to the above, Martin sent me additional details about the device and I was able to determine what’s happening.

• The device implements custom Homey capabilities called operating_mode and fan_speed.

• The official Homey capability for controlling the Thermostat Mode is called thermostat_mode and is not implemented on this device which is why the ‘Adjust’ option doesn’t show up.

That being said, Homey users can still interact with custom capabilities as noted here:

Homey Custom Capabilities - #3 by josh

1 Like

Thank you Josh for investigating, finding the root cause and offering a solution!! Hope they will rewrite things for this device to bring to the standard.

1 Like

Takes some work to create but works flawless.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Martin! Great work!

If you’re interested, I also put together a Custom Tile that can be used with Homey devices with custom ‘picker’ capabilities (ENUM). It displays the current value of the attribute and when you tap the tile it displays a list of values you can pick from:

:arrow_double_down: Import Homey Custom Capabilities - Custom Tile

:warning: This tile depends on on some recent platform updates (20240810), so make sure to refresh the browser page on any dashboards you want to it on to pull in the latest updates.

It also includes a Translations (JSON) setting that you can use to translate the displayed values in the picker. The format is a dictionary where the key on the left is the source value that Homey expects and the value on the right is what you want displayed.

{"home": "Thuis", "away": "Uit"}

Here’s a brief demo of the custom tile in action. On the left is a standard Hero Attribute Tile (read-only) and on the right is the custom tile.

1 Like

Thanks Josh, brilliant work!,

That custom tile is powerfull. Have been playing around and very easy to use. The translator is a great addition to standardize the outcome in between languages, different brands and the different thermology for the same. (a wet dream is of course the ability to add “custom tiles” to “Super Tiles”)

1 Like