Greetings. Coming from Indigo Home Automation, it had a wonderful way to integrate TTS using Amazon Polly which offers some very high quality realistic sounding voices. I used this feature to provide nice sounding notifications on my Sonos Beam.
Sadly, the capability is not nearly as elaborate here. So after some reading in the forum, I see that I should be able to issue a PlayTrack command in a SharpTools rule to play an MP3 (which I can download from Polly).
So I have the MP3 created and hosted on box (different than dropbox). I created the rule , triggered by a variable change (just so I can easily trigger it during testing…ultimately, it will be on a schedule). When I update the variable, the rule fires, at least it does, according to the logs, but I hear nothing from my Sonos. What am I doing wrong?
Here’s what I’ve done to try to rule out some issues:
- I have tried pasting the URL of the MP3 file into a browser to be sure it plays…it does.
- I have tried changing the location from box to Google Drive to see if box is the issue. No change.
- I have added the volume attribute to the rule to ensure it’s not that it is playing, but just too low to hear
- I have tried firing the rule during a song playing on Sonos…it does seem to put a brief silence in the song play as if it tries to play something but can’t
- I have checked the logs and it seems to be successfully firing according to the log.
Here’s my rule:
The URL of the file I’ve hosted on box is this: https://ibm.box.com/shared/static/d3fn7zr0ykujsrcr1uymimgj423sbdc5.mp3
The URL of the file hosted in Google is this:
which I’ve reformatted to this based on what I’ve read in the forums:
Here’s my log: