Smartthings Issues Lately

Has anyone noticed some significant issues bubbling up lately on Smartthings? I have become a regular on Smartthings support as I have lost scenes and routines, and colors of scenes have been going haywire since January.

Now, I am noticing my Smartthings Home Monitor has become unresposive through Smartthings automated routines and now have to manually turn on the home monitor. The Smarttings app is very slow to respond to requests from my Samsung phone which is interesting as smarttings is owned by Samsung. Finally, thinking that the issue was the smartthings app, I am now starting to notice a lot of errors communicating to lights and switches from Sharptools Dashboard.

I am not concerned about Sharptools, but am extremely concerned on how bad things are going with smartthings. First they disabled Echo speaks and retired a very reliable classic app, and things have been going steeply downhill from there.

Before stepping off my soapbox, I want to eliminate the idea that this is just me having problems. Although I have seen a lot of noise on the app feedback on Google Play, and some messages from support that it is getting worked on, I want to know if these are problems many people are experiencing and if so, what are they doing to compensate in hopes smartthings will get its act together.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice.
Mark

I don’t want to turn this into a debate over ST and Hubitat but I would like to give you something to think about.

I started with Iris in June 2012 when it was released. I witnessed the growth from the inception up to the time it was shut down. I experienced all of the problems they had and even more as I was a beta tester. Most all of the serious problems originated from cloud based issues.

I left Iris and went to ST and was there until about 3 months ago. Again, most serious problems were cloud related. Add to that the apparent direction Samsung is taking the ST eco system and I again migrated to Hubitat.

Hubitat has a far bigger learning curve that the aforementioned but once you get through that initial setup the solid performance is much worth the time it took to get there. I recently had an Internet outage that lasted for 1.5 days and all automation continued to occur as expected. The local storage of the data and rules has truly solved almost every problem I had with Iris and ST.

I would encourage you to take a close look at Hubitat.

1 Like

I would wholeheartedly agree.

1 Like