SmartThings integration with SharpTools

To start I’m a first time user of all of these tools so I appreciate your understanding… I recently installed a Konnected alarm in my home using SmartThings. I wanted the additional dashboarding functionally that is gained by using SharpTools. So now I’m leveraging SharpTools on top of SmartThings.

I have most everything working. I have a SharpTools dashboard running on a 7" Amazon tablet, I have zones visible on the SharpTools tablet displaying open/closed, and a delay upon entry that allows for the alarm to be disabled prior to sounding.

My problem is with the disabling of the alarm.

When I return home and disable my alarm on the tablet (running the SharpTools dashboard), SmartThings correctly goes from Arm (away) to Disarm. But the red Dismiss button that activated doesn’t disable. This leaves the countdown for the activation of the alarm continuing and the only way to disable it is via SmartThings.

How can I get the signal from SharpTools to disable both the “Armed (away)” button in SmartThings, but also the Dismiss button? When I disable it in SharpTools it correctly disables the Piezo alert. Just not the Dismiss. Or maybe I’m looking at this all wrong and I don’t need SmartThings and can use only SharpTools? TIA…

I don’t have a Konnected alarm so am just guessing but you could try writing a rule that syncs STHM and connected disarm button.
Something like

Trigger
STHM changes to disarm

Action
Push/turn off (Konnected) disarm button

Thanks Terri. But I’ve tried that without any luck. As you can hopefully see, my automation updates the alarm status to a Disarmed state. But it doesn’t Dismiss the active alarm once it’s been tripped. If I don’t trip the alarm first the automation works great. But I’m created a delayed entry where the alarm trips when I enter the home but delays the siren to allow for the alarm to be deactivated at the keypad within a set number of seconds. It’s the “Dismiss” that I can’t figure out how to turn off. Thanks!

Ah sorry. Hopefully someone with a Konnected alarm will chime in.

Copying my response from your SmartThings Community thread.

“…but aren’t you able to set a delayed activation of the alert so it doesn’t immediately issue the ‘intrusion’ as soon as the door is opened, but rather waits X seconds giving you a chance to disable STHM?”

Thanks Josh - and yes I can set the delay. But I still require a wall mounted keypad “Amazon Fire tablet” for those in the family without a phone. I’m running SharpTools to facilitate a pin code on the tablet to arm / disarm. Is that possible without SharpTools? Or is there better way to facilitate my use case? TY

I guess I’m not understanding how these are competing concerns?

If STHM is armed and has a valid grace period, then once you enter the home you should have enough time to use the wall mounted tablet to disarm things before the alert is triggered, right?

If the alarm isn’t disarmed during the grace period, then an ‘intrusion’ would properly be detected. You as the main account holder would have insight that there was an intrusion and could decide to act on it as you see fit… then dismiss it from the SmartThings mobile app if appropriate.

If the grace period is configured correctly, the ‘intrusion’ should never be triggered, right?

I would consider keeping these replies in the SmartThings community as the questions really seem to be centered more around STHM and the grace period and you might get better insights from other STHM users there.

I don’t personally use STHM, so I can’t speak to it in detail.

At one point, community members were using custom virtual devices so they could have simulated door/motion sensors that had the delays baked into them. I thought that became less of a thing once SmartThings properly built in intrusion delays, but I might be misremembering… again, this is where getting feedback from SmartThings community members who actually use STHM could be helpful.

Correct. The delay isn’t the issue; it’s locking the keypad. I don’t see a way to run SmartThings on the tablet with a pin code to lock / unlock the screen. That’s what I’m using SharpTools - for it’s ability to lock the screen with a pin code. Sorry if I’m not explaining myself clearly.

“I would consider keeping these replies in the SmartThings community as the questions really seem to be centered more around STHM and the grace period and you might get better insights from other STHM users there.”

I wasn’t sure where my problem was and which tool could resolve my issue. If you believe the issue can be resolved within SmartThings I’m fine closing this post in the SharpTools Community.

“At one point, community members were using custom virtual devices so they could have simulated door/motion sensors that had the delays baked into them. I thought that became less of a thing once SmartThings properly built in intrusion delays, but I might be misremembering…”

I’m using virtual switches setup in SmartThings to allow SharpTools control. If I could create a virtual switch in SmartThings to Dismiss (red button) the Intrusion Detection I’d be set. But as of now I don’t see any.

I’m sorry, but I still seem to be confused.

If the STHM delay is working as expected, then the dashboard would be used to DISARM the alarm during the delay grace period (with PIN protection on the dashboard tile).

If that’s working as expected, then the intrusion should never occur, right? Wouldn’t it only be an exceptional thing that the alarm was not DISARMED during the grace period so the alarm actually went off and an intrusion was fired?

In that case, why is it critical to DISMISS an intrusion within a dashboard?

(As noted above, SmartThings does not have an API for STHM nor any workarounds for automating the dismiss feature, so that has to be done in their mobile app)