SmartTag [battery] status

I can’t figure this out. I am trying to create an ITEM in my SuperTile to display the battery status of my Samsung SmartTag. I’ve done this exercise successfully with other devices with batteries, so I am familiar with the process; just having difficulties with this particular device.

In the ST app, the device properties shows the status of the battery. And In SharpTools SmartTiles, I can create an ITEM with the device’s BATTERY property. But no matter what values I put in the Select Icons screen, I can’t seem to have it show up in my SuperTile. (I’ve even tried simply creating “Thing” item (vs a “Icon” item) to display the battery parameter’s value, but nothing is displayed.

What am I doing wrong?

If you perform a fresh sync of your devices (SharpTools User Page → Manage Connections; auth like normal) and then look at the device details in SharpTools, what values are reported for the device?

After performing a fresh sync, you can look at the device details by:

1. Open your SharpTools User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to the location in question
  3. Scroll down and tap on the device
  4. Scroll down and screenshot the Attribute Values section

Interesting. It looks like the device isn’t reporting any attribute values. It may be a limitation of the way SmartThings has integrated the Tag into their platform. They’ve introduced a new type of device that only integrates locally directly on the phone it’s connected to. It’s kind of odd that it would be exposed in their API without any values though. :person_shrugging:

This is a known issue. There’s been a lot of discussion on accessing SmartTag attributes via the API since they were first introduced, but still no action for whatever reason(s).

2 Likes