Sleep IQ Presence

@josh Thanks for the reply. I have another question if I may I have a sleep by number bed which have Sleep IQ Presence sensor but when I added to the dashboard they show up as switches is there a way to force them to use presence tile?

Can you tell me more about the device driver that is being used with the Sleep IQ Presence? If it’s a community driver, can you link to the driver / forum post?

And what’s the desired use on the dashboard? Do you want to see certain information? Or also want to be able to take a certain action?

@josh this is the place where you can see the app link is below. Purpose is to see you is in bed and then at that point to turn off lights etc. I was excited to see that Sharptools Dashboard would let me use Smartthing and Hubitat Hubs together on one Dashboard which is a plus in my book.

Am I understanding correctly that you just want to see the presence? Looking at the device code, I’m not sure I understand why it even has the switch capability. From what I can tell, the only thing switching it on or off does is manually toggle the presence.

If you don’t use the switch capability of the device, then a simple solution would be to comment out the capability "Switch" definition in the device handler:

Thanks I will try that.

1 Like

Note that after making the update to the device handler, you may need to reauthorize the device in SharpTools to get it to refresh the device.

1. Open your SharpTools.io user page
  2. Tap the Manage Connections button
  3. Select your desired platform (eg. SmartThings)
  4. Follow the prompts to complete the authorization
    Note: Since you likely won’t be adding/removing devices, when you are presented with the list of devices in the SmartThings authorization, just scroll down and tap authorize.