Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

Been playing around and really enjoying the look. long way to go and clean up still.

4 Likes

Lots of great ideas and the designs. How much time people have spent on their dashboards? I feel I will be going forever to even copy some of these, let alone create my own design.

I am new to Sharptools so can someone suggest some videos or guides for the starters. I have started playing with it but I think I need to learn some tricks before I start building my dashboards.

Hi @Sanjeev, welcome to the community.

@Justin_Newbury has posted several videos about SharpTools dashboard on YouTube, and many have found his videos informational. You should be able to gather some basic ideas from his videos below, and create a pretty dashboard very quickly. For further customizations and applications, feel free to post your needs/thoughts/questions, and I am sure the fellow community members will take care of you. :wink:

Dashboard Overview

Dashboard Theme & Style

1 Like

Thanks. I will have watch some of these and come back if there are any questions.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for all the ideas. Here is what I have currently. Pretty basic, but just what I need.

3 Likes

@nbtc971, thanks for sharing. Basic but the layout is easy and clear. What doorbell are you using? And that’s pretty early in morning to wake up and take the picture of the dashboard. :rofl:

Guys. when you are mounting these tablets on the wall. How are you providing power to them?

1 Like

@Justin_Newbury has put together a video demonstrating how his mount is installed with constant power supply. ( Recessed outlet and wired power from nearby switch in short.)
And I have the same setup as well.

1 Like

I’m now on the 5th version of our dashboards. Here’s the home screen. The buttons on the left link to additional dashboards. It’s “busy” but works well for us.

2 Likes

whats the tablet size? 10"+?

1 Like

I use Amazon Fire 10 tablets.

We have six dashboards around the house. Three of them are the “Home” dashboard shown above. This one is wall-mounted in our family room:

3 Likes

The mounts made by Mike come with various charging options. I’ve had my electrician wire them, but the 120/240v AC converter is what I use.

1 Like

5 Likes

When I want to group I just create a new dashboard and link to it.

2 Likes

Looks good. What do you use for the 7 day forecast?

I do something similar but I use a rule to group the status of multiple devices into a sharptools variable and then link that variable tile to my other dashboard showing the individual devices.

That lets me see the group status at a glance and I can still drill down into the detail if I want.

1 Like

Kindle fire 10 (11 gen) running dashboard thru fully kiosk.
Permanently mounted and powered.
Kindle is also running Tinycam Pro web server to re-encode rstp DVR streams for mpeg URLS to be used on dashboard.
Ring camera popup when doorbell is pressed.

Mostly used for a quick reference on most popular devices.
All other devices controlled via smarthings/alexa

3 Likes

Hows your performance running FK + tinyCam?

Honestly I have no complaints on performance. I run real time streams for 2 of the camera channels, I don’t think it would have an issue running more.

The streams are run with a loopback address, so it doesn’t re-stream through the wireless network.

The camera boxes are interactive, and can be tapped to bring up to full screen size.

1 Like

@Michael - first off I think your theme is excellent and inspiring.
On that note, I have tried to add a floor plan image to my dashboard, however regardless of the size or file type that I make it, I still lose both left and right sides of the images. This happens on my galaxy tab (Kiosk mode). however when I edit in full screen on my pc, the sides are not cut off, but the top is. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong? (I have tried multiple pixel lengths and widths).