Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

After weeks of trying different things I think I have figured out what will work for me.

I’ve got 17 hikvision cameras, soon to be more, running on a Hikvision NVR. I’m running Tiny Cam Pro on a PC inside of NoX Player. Tiny cam pulls the video feeds from each camera RTSP and serves each feed on the Tiny Cam web server. Using Sharp tools I pull each feed and display them on 4 Samsung 8 tablets. I’m still testing but it’s pretty solid. One limit is that Sharp Tool will only display 9 camera’s at once on a single page.

Hope this helps.

Terry

Love your layout! Two questions I am trying to figure out. I am new to Sharptools, coming from Actiontiles.

How did you increase the size of the font on the time tile?

Also, how did you get the background of your weather tile clear? I have the same weather tile, but cannot get rid of the blue background for the life of me!

Thanks for your time and help!!

Hello!! i also use blue iris for my cams, what link/media do you use to make it possible to see images inside dashboard?

i found it with stunnel ! great!

I use a media tile with following:
http://yourIPaddress.nip.io:yourPort/mjpg/CameraShortName/video.mjpg

1 Like

From what I recall, @Bruno_Cerqueira is using Custom CSS to use a custom font and font size with the clock:

:page_facing_up:Brunos post about using Custom Fonts and Sizing

Similarly, I suspect he commented out the background color line in the Weather Custom Tile:

:link: How to remove gradient background from Custom Weather Tile

I’ve been meaning to make this an option you could more easily remove on the Custom Weather Tile though, so I’ll work on getting an update out for it. :slight_smile:

You are awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response!!

1 Like

My WIP dashboard on a Fire HD10. Still tweaking and making changes but happy with it as it is. I was planning to remove the gradient from the weather tile but changed up the colors a bit and made the calendar to match.

Still need to build out my other hyperlinked dashboards to my liking (cough, cough…my wife’s liking :slight_smile: ).

4 Likes

This is my first attempt for a Dashboard for my Homey Pro 2019.
Still on my laptop. I am looking which tablet the best is for buying for this…

Henk

1 Like

Here is one of my Dashboards. I have an Ambient Weather Station that sends data to the internet and I use a Hubitat Hub that utilizes an app that Kurt Sanders wrote. It utilizes some of the data from Ambient Weather to create Devices in Hubitat. For some of the devices that the Kurt Sanders App does not generate. I use Webcore to create Virtual Temperature devices to create additional devices. For example, daily rain measure and dew point are virtual temperature sensors that have been converted from Kurt Sanders’ app.
I use Supertiles to display as much weather information as possible into the tiles.
When lights are on, they turn to color blue.
When windows, doors, water sensors or motion is detected, the tiles turn to red.

2 Likes

I’ve built a universal remote control for the three zones in the house that have audio/video. It controls 3 TVs, a Yamaha receiver and speaker, and a Roku. All services we use are included.

1 Like

Dashboards that I use on two Samsung A8 with Fully Kioskbrowser.

Home dashboard:

Sensor-dashboard that open in overlay 80%. Here I have warnings on movements, low battery, doors open and firealarm.

Lights & plugs dashboard that open in overlay 80% - with glow when on

Multimedia dashboard for my Sonos speakers thats open as a “new” dashboard site (not overlay)

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Buttons for Roku and Receiver?

This is really cool.
I have rainbird with the WIFI controller, this should be possible as well I hope,

does anybody have any idea’s on rainbird?

Hi Paul,
If Rainbird has a published API with their commands it should work.

Where did you get the weather icons from for the supertiles you made?

I’ve been looking for a display program to meet my needs for ages, I don’t know why it took so long for me to come across SharpTools. My needs are to pull together data from various sensors spread across my home ranging from Ecowitt weather sensors, WirelessTag temperature probes, Netatmo stuff, HomeKit, WeMo plugs & a Remootio gate opener. I managed to get some stuff into SmartThings and the rest into Home Assistant, but now it all comes together with large ‘at-a-distance’ display fonts that I use in the house - thank-you SharpTools!
I really appreciate the rounded-edge refinements & the animated icons, too.

4 Likes

My favorite super tile is the one for my bearded dragon, monitoring the cool/warm temps, heat lamp, and humidity. Still working out what layout works best. Having a lot of tiles on my kitchen tablet wall mount, I often stand and stare to try to find what I am looking for.

I took the theme from the default ActionTiles theme that I once used before switching to SharpTools.

2 Likes

Same display, on my recessed wall-mount tablet.

1 Like

That would drive me crazy. Maybe an idea to make multiple dashboards and simply group things together in them, making your “homescreen” a bit tidier?

1 Like