Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

Bravo, JiiPee. That looks like you made good progress.
I guess the trick is to use custom icons and backgrounds to get some of the contrast and status changes at a ‘local level’. I haven’t had much time to experiment and problem solve, but I had loaded floor plans as backgrounds (originally for quick room selection for robo vac), but wanted to try to show just the security items such as door open status, door lock status, and motion sensors in floorplan mode. But couldn’t rely on my old dashboard model with normal tiles arranged to mimic the house with separate format/styles at the tile level. Unique icons may solve that for me. My other use case was to have several scenes (momentary buttons) in one supertile, but I am not happy with style change control based on which scene selected. thanks for showing what works.

1 Like

Been playing around with SuperTiles… They’re great! (Just wish we could do a “setlevel” pop-up. Yes, I voted for it! :slight_smile: )

HOME

CLIMATE CONTROL

INDOOR

OUTDOOR

SECURITY

…a work in progress!

3 Likes

What program did you use to design the background image and how did you add it your dashboard please?

Hi, I used Planner5d. No need to install any applications…easy to use from browser.
I created floorplans in planner5d and downloaded them as pictures. Then created super tile and added floorplan as static icon to super tile background.

1 Like

Found most of the answers I needed here in the Community. A few by trial and error…

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Displayed Dashboard Changes after Screensaver

I spent a lot of time converting to SharpTools in recent months replacing both webCoRE and ActionTiles. Couldn’t be happier.

Here’s my holiday lighting dashboard (by far my busiest dash). There’s a ton of rule logic behind my holiday lighting, especially for Thanksgiving/Christmas - everything is automated. This dashboard gives me a perfect view of status and ability to manually override when needed. I use the overlay dash to manually change the scenes for my outside lights.

5 Likes

Here is the current iteration of my weather section of my home dashboard.

4 Likes

I wanted to wait until I was “done”, but now realize that will never be the case… Really enjoying this. Great way to consolidate multiple apps and have begun making a phone version. The popup menu is a great addition. Some day will try to learn how to make a text based side bar, but for now the tiles are working.

4 Likes

Where did you find the hourly forecast thing?

I used an android widget for years called meteograms. They make web version with api token system… . a little clunky to customize on the web but very granular. I recommend making a custom widget in android version (easier to change settings) and then uploading to the website version.

https://dashboard.meteograms.com/ is the web version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloud3squared.meteogram&hl=en_US&gl=US is the android app.

1 Like

My turn to “show off”? Be gentle, as this SuperTile was my very first exercise on SharpTools, though I think it went well, and I learned a few things, too (thanks to @josh)!

It’s a proof of concept that any caretaker who may have a child or non-verbal adult – even a senior living alone – can utilize to gauge their daily (or hourly) mood. I call it DIAL-A-MOOD
Dial-A-Mood SuperTile

DYNAMICS
Tapping center text element resets counter to “5”, thus changing the face emoji to the middle entry of a String of 11 different characters. I used parseJson( ) to convert that string to an array; the counter variable then acts as a lookup index within the array. Rules attached to the Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down icons simply add or subtract 1 from the counter, with min( ) and max( ) functions helping to keep its value between 0 and 10.

ENHANCEMENTS TO EXPLORE

• Could be modified to illustrate The Pain Scale
  • Send caretaker notifications whenever value changes
  • Place on wall-mounted tablet in Fully Kiosk’s always-awake mode
  • Once set, use TTS to speak selection, e.g. “You rated your mood at eight out of ten. I’ll share this update with <caretaker name>.”

P.S. I’m now in my 10th week exploring all of the Hubitat-connected dashboard apps on the market, and after 24 hours exploring SharpTools, must say it is truly a masterpiece. Almost makes me wish I was a regular dashboard user!! Very nice work indeed. Can’t wait to see what you do next.

5 Likes

Here is the finished large weather SuperTile. Its 3x5, the background and current weather icon change based on the weather condition and between (night and day). Here are some examples.

11 Likes

Jake, that is a work of art (my personal preference is 2nd image from the top, I like the look of the update time in a line) or that could be my OCD :rofl:

Yeah that just an error I need to increase the width of the update time so it doesn’t stack. I noticed that while I was taking the screenshots.

@just_jake These weather tiles are awesome!
Do you have any plans to make them into a custom tile that others can download or write up how you achieved them?

1 Like

I can do a write up and supply the files, however it’s has 19 layers, 16 backgrounds images, 31 weather condition, 3 static icons, 4 humidity, 8 weather direct icons. 4 rules, 22 variables and a crap ton of CSS. That’s just for the 3x5 current weather tile.

5 Likes

Here’s my latest project. Its a SuperTile of a Ecobee3 Lite. I’m finishing up the auto mode now. As of now it only response and displays changes in thermostat mode (heat, cool, auto, off) thermostat operating mode(heating, cooling), displays current temp and well as temperature set points. The flame/snowflake illuminates when heating or cooling. I have plans to make it except input to allow changing of the temperature setpoints.

9 Likes

I definitely want to learn these weather tiles. I’ve got all the data from the api, but am struggling with the dynamic image part based on the data variables.

I actually have plans of making this a custom tile so it can be imported.

3 Likes