SHM Status - push notifications? Sound?

I think I might know my answer. Since I’m using a fire 7 and wanted to limit the used resources to help speed it up. I skipped the Amazon registration. With out doing this Alexa was not installed. Not sure if this option make the TTS work. Either way I was able to remote log into Fully from web browser and was able to get a screen shot, camera shot, display a written message on the screen, turn screen on and off. The only this that was not working still was the TTS option. I’ll try and register the tablet to get Amazon and also verify this with my fire 10 tab.

As a side note I have been playing around with Home Assistant and it’s going pretty well. I’m able to integrate a lot more things then with Smarthings alone and devices seem to run much faster since they are not passing around on the cloud

1 Like

This is great. Opens up a lot more possibilities. Does anyone know if there is a way to close an app?
e.g. you use ‘Launch App Package’ to open one but when your done is there a command to close the app? i see that you can use the ‘Bring Fully To Front’ command but some apps continue playing in the background so need to be closed.

Are they audio/video type apps? It looks like the Fully Kiosk Controller driver exposes the stopSound() command. There’s also a stopVideo command available via the Fully Kiosk API but it doesn’t look like the driver exposes it – if you need that command, you could add a feature request in the FKB Controller driver thread asking for it to be added?

Hi yeah its video. E.g if I open YouTube or the local streaming TV app. When I bring Fully to the focus YouTube keeps going and minimizes itself as an overlay.
I contacted the Fully guys to see if they have any ideas.
thanks

1 Like