SharpTools Rule Engine

Tried again. This rule was one I had before that I changed. I am going to create a “new” rule to do this and see if I get the same error. I will attempt to save again for your benefit of seeing the logs.

EDIT. I cancelled out and went back in and it was saved accurately… Not sure what happened.

No worries. I liked your rule structure… :slight_smile:

Is there a place I can see logs of rules etc?

If you save that same rule again (after having cancelled and reopened it), does it save successfully?

Out of curiosity, what kind of structure did the old rule have? Trying to see if I can recreate it. :slight_smile:

User facing rule execution logs are on the hit list.

1 Like

Yes.

One that didnt work… lol… I think the trigger was the garage doors. and i changed to time base trigger.

1 Like

@Tommy, thanks for reporting the issue. We found the bug and got it fixed (will be included in the next release). This only happens when a rule has a device event, but then replaced with the timer event.

2 Likes

For the trigger part, may I know if it can be “AND” Condition as well to have multiple trigger condition are met then execute the flow.

e.g. When motion sensor is activated and the time is between sunset and sunrise. → then execute the flow.

1 Like

Hi @Jason_Chan, welcome to the community. Trigger conditions can only be OR. But you can add an If_condition as the first activity in the flow and the desired actions in the Then path. See the screenshot below for your scenario. The rule will be triggered whenever there’s a motion, but the first thing it does is to evaluate the time condition (between sunset and sunrise) to determine if it should continue to execute the action(s) defined. The trick here is to add “before sunrise” and “after sunset” conditions and change the If_condition logic from “any” (default) to “all” to get you the “between sunset and sunrise” condition. :wink:

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Only Allow Rule to Run Once a Day