SharpTools and Echo Show 15

Hi Simon. I didn’t do anything! That’s exactly how the Show 15 comes from Amazon.

However - don’t buy one to use as a dashboard. Amazon has succeeded in making it impossible to install “foreign” software. Too bad, because it’s my favorite dashboard device. Some of us bought them early and were able to get our Show 15s going before Amazon clamped down.

Thanks - it does seem that it has been locked down. I was looking at this to make a simple picture frame. But not getting Fully Kiosk on there is a deal breaker. For my large format touchscreens I am using ELO open frame paired with older NUCs. I just build custom frames using matching trim from the room. Still the best solution I have seen - great color and extremely responsive.

@simon Sounds cool! Got any pics?

Here you go. Used standard wood trim and had a little help from my handyman as my square corners are never very good.

The ELO touchscreen is open frame - got it on eBay. Extremely responsive and even supports multi-touch although I am not really using that. The NUC is an I7, also used off eBay. Probably over-powered. I run an i3 on my other big screen in the house and it is probably a tad under-powered. The refrigerator cavity is behind this wall so I was able to mount the NUC nicely to the wall and pass all cables down to the basement below.

Using Chrome. And I automate the browser using a plug-in in homeseer. I keep homeseer up and running for a few things - UPB, Audio controller, etc.

1 Like

Excellent craftsmanship - thanks for sharing!

Wow, that’s excellent! Good ideas for everyone else who has been wanting to use a larger touch screen!

1 Like

Great idea! I’ll do this when Amazon eventually locks-out Fully Kiosk on the Echo 15.