Sharp Tools Rules over Action Tiles - Action Tiles Cease Support

Hi I’m new to Sharp Tools having been an Action Tiles user for many years - until this week when Action Tiles stopped working! In a way I’m glad it did as otherwise I wouldn’t have discovered ST which has blown me away! Well done guys! The one suggestion and it is a small one which I see others have also pointed out is that for a newbie it can be tricky to arrange tiles when others you have placed in position keep moving but it’s a small price to pay and just needs a bit of pre planning.

The reason Action Tiles stopped working is that they have stopped supporting various versions of Android (5 and below) and iOs and didn’t tell anyone! I can’t be the only person that specifically uses old tablets as smarthome control panels leaving newer ones for everyday browsing, watching videos and more demanding applications.

I hope you don’t mind me posting their support email reply to me here so that anyone wanting to choose between your fabulous product and AT understands the limitations of AT:

"Some ActionTiles users with Apple devices running iOS 9.3.5 reported issues with Tiles not responding to touch events.

These devices are now over a decade old. Apple ended update support for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad Mini 1 models in September 2016, making them effectively obsolete. The current Apple development tools do not even allow debugging applications running on the above devices.

Please note that we made the decision to update the minimum system requirement to support devices that are current in 2023.

As of June 1st, 2023, ActionTiles will drop official support for Internet Explorer, iOS 9 and below, Fire OS 5 and below, Android 5 and below, as well as any device that is no longer supported by the manufacturer. We will not take any measures to disable ActionTiles on these devices, but we will not investigate or correct any issues if and when they arise on the obsolete devices."

I think this is outrageous (I don’t know if others agree) and re reading it now I think it’s even worse because it might not just be limited to Android 5 devices as now it will be a “minimum system requirement to support devices that are current in 2023” only. All it would have taken for my devices to continue to work would have been to renew their SSL certificate! Apparently their support forum has been overwhelmed with spam - I suspect it’s been flooded with angry users! Anyway their loss is ST’s gain!!

Thanks again guys - you’re life savers!