Screen Brightness

This may be more of a Fully Kiosk Issue, than sharptools… but there seems to be smart folks reading this forum!
I have my setup running well with one exception. As designed, the screen dims with no motion, then as I approach it, it brightens. However, after no activity for a while (next day?), the screen “brightens” but only to a screen brightness level of 0… which I can barely see, I go into the basic android settings, and return the brightness to 100%, and all is good… for while, then same thing happens again. Ugh! 2020 Kindle Fire 8 HD.

Hi @Andy_Fixman, you may want to double check the “Stay Awake” setting as @Jeff_Fourman has previously experienced this similar issue in Fully Kiosk Browser.

2 Likes

Thanks to the tips here, the initial problem seems fixed. Not sure if this next issue is related, or not. Within Fully Kiosk, I have set the sleep screensaver brightness to 0, and in a well lit room, it does appear that the screen is off. But in a dark room (our bedroom, when sleeping), it is clear that there is some type of backlight on. What am I doing wrong?

Setting the brightness to 0 is basically the trick so the screen looks like off, but it is actually not turned off. (To make sure the Fully Kiosk Browser is running continuously.) That’s why you saw a bit of backlight when the environment is dark.

I enabled the turn screen off in darkness setting in fully kiosk. When I turn my lights off for bed, the screen turns off.
I can manually turn it back on by pushing the tablet button or it automatically turns back on when it detects light (lamp turns on or sun rises in the morning).

1 Like