Run Rule every X Minutes

I use a loop to refresh my Honeywell T5 thermostat’s connection to SmartThings. Without this refresh the data in ST on!y updates a few times a day making it useless in automations.

1 Like

Doing the same with my T6, temperature only gets updated a few times a day, but I want to use my thermostat to drive my AC as well, since it’s better positioned.
So every few minutes there’s a loop to refresh the thermostat and get a temp reading.

I think for the rest, as your suggestion, I tried to remove all others. But that one remains looped…

The best way i would use a loop is for things like if a rule is supposed to trigger but doesn’t, it can keep trying a specific amount of times. Or for like the light fading up or down, I created my own loops where if my bedroom door closes as the fade is happening, it will stop and call another rule to set the lights to a certain level than shut them off. I sleep with my door open, so if it closes, that means im up and out of the room. Idk if that falls in line with what you asked lol

1 Like