Rule to trigger Alexa Voice Monkey Skill

Is there a way to write a rule that triggers the Alexa Voicemonkey Skill?

I can do this with SmartThings, Webcore and Alexa but cannot figure it out through Sharptools.

Example: SmartThings switch turns on, Sharptools triggers Voicemonkey to announce something on multiple echos.

I currently use FKB but 1. It only speaks from the tablet, 2. I don’t like the voice options.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Terri , send HTTP request from the Rule Engine is in my todo list, but is not currently supported. (I assume you were using web request action in the webcore to announce via VoiceMonkey.)
Please cast your vote in the HTTP Request feature request thread below as the interests collected is an important factor for us in determining our tasks’ priorities.

2 Likes

@Terri, Rule Engine HTTP Action is currently available for beta users, and I have added instructions how to send request to Voice Monkey in the beta post. Feel free to PM me if you are interested to join the beta tester program and try the new HTTP Action feature.

–EDIT–
The HTTP Action feature has been released to SharpTools.io. See details in the release post below.

1 Like