Rule Engine: Trigger every month

Hi,

For now you allow trigger per hour , day and week. Can you please allow month , years.
I want automatically reset energy consumption of light module every month.

Please advise,

2 Likes

I want to be able to set my Christmas lights to auto turn on at sunset and turn off at midnight but only if it’s December

3 Likes

Curious what type of Christmas lights setup you have? Are they permanently installed? :grinning:

Hey James! Yes and no. The outlets are permanently affixed. I switch what’s plugged in depending on the season (ie halloween, christmas, Canada Day, etc) So I would like to set date specific IF commands so my Christmas Lights aren’t staying on out of season but then the outlets stay off when there’s nothing plugged into them.

Edit: I realize I could just turn off each rule seasonally. Better yet, I would love to be able to have the rules themselves turn on/off seasonally

3 Likes

Create 3 number variables, run the attached daily. in your rule add an if for $MonthOfYear=12 (you can also use the day of week(0-6) and day of month

1 Like

I have this need as well!

Brian’s reply above is how I get around this, pretty simple in fact. In your trigger, simply use something like:

Each day after midnight, I set the following so that I can always use the day, day of week, month or year as triggers or conditions in IF statements: