Ring Doorbell on dashboard

its official integration…

I assume this will work in sharptools, correct?

Yes. It’s just the Android automation app called AutomateIt determining which app to open. :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like ring is ring://, but it opens the app to the neighbors section. Wyze is wyze://

2 Likes

Hello, this link doesn’t work for Ring any more. Is the any update?
Thank you,
TD

Thanks for posting! Are you referring to the link that starts with “intent:”? If so, that format will only work within Fully Kiosk Browser with the regular Ring app. What kind of device and browser are you using to view your dashboards?

Edit: I just tried it myself and I see what you’re saying. It looks like they changed the name of the component / activity. Here’s the updated links.

Ring App

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.ringapp/com.ring.launch.LaunchActivity;end

Rapid Ring App

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.ring.answer/com.ring.answer.presentation.splash.SplashActivity;end

For reference, you can find the proper Intent URL format for any app using the steps in the following post:

:link: How to find the Intent URL for an Android app using Fully Kiosk Browser

2 Likes

Great. Thank you. The new link works.
I am using Fully Kiosk with Ring App.
TD

2 Likes

Tested with the Rapid Ring app, and the intent link works great too. Thanks @josh.

1 Like

Hmm…I just installed the Rapid Ring App apk and uninstalled the larger Ring app on my Fire 8 tablet with Fully.

I turned on the “chime” alerts (by clicking on settings in the rapid app), and left motion off.

But I am not getting any alerts on the tablet when I ring the doorbell, and if I go to the main page of the Rapid Ring app, it says “Alerts Disabled”, even though in settings it says I have the chime alert enabled.

Even if I enable both chime and motion alerts (then it says “Enabled” vs “Alerts Disabled” … though I don’t want motion alerts on the screen but figured I’d try), I still don’t get a notification when the doorbell rings. Tried rebooting the tablet as well.

Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Want to try having Automateit launch the Rapid Ring App when a notification comes through that someone is ringing the doorbell.

Friendly bump to move this to the top!

If I remember correctly, the notifications from app that installed from side-loaded Play store simply just doesn’t work in Fire tablets, and my quick google research found many have complained about Fire devices not getting notification from Ring.

However, I think you can achieve this without Automateit. Try the steps below:

1. Add Ring to your SmartThings/Hubitat hub
  2. Create Fully Browser “device” in SmartThings/Hubitat using the community developed DTH
  3. Authorize both Ring and the Fully Browser “devices” to SharpTools.io
  4. Create a rule in Rule Engine. When Ring button is pressed, ask Fully to load “intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.ring.answer/com.ring.answer.presentation.splash.SplashActivity;end” url, which should make the Fully to load Rapid Ring app.

See the post below for some related examples and links to find the DTH.

1 Like

The IOS url ring:// when opened from a hyperlink on a dashboard reveals the notification community page inside ring vs the page of the cameras that are discovered inside the ring app. do we know @josh what the actual build on the url (ring://) that would enable the view of that page.

Thanks

I don’t think I’ve seen an iOS link documented for ring that opens directly to a video feed or even the page of cameras. If you find something, please be sure to update the thread!

I was reading this thread hoping there was a way to get my Ring doorbell video on my iPad dashboard. Looks like the answer is no? Nothing new since January. In general, is it worth getting a Fire tablet if they are more flexible? I just have an extra older iPad available so I was trying to get it to work.

@Dale_Huber, welcome to the community.

Correct.

Being able to use Fully Kiosk does make quite a difference for me personally. You can get the new Fire 8 tablet (available after 6/21?) for $89 to play with and see if that works out better for you. What model/year of your old iPad is?

Probably about 5 years old, an iPad Air 2

Sorry, that doesn’t make your decision easier. :rofl: iPad Air 2 should still be solid for dashboard, I was going to suggest to try the new Fire tablet if your iPad is any order than that. (iPad Air 2 is the first model that comes with 2GB RAM if I remember correctly.)

Yes it works really well for a dashboard. But I see these other dashboards that have video streams, so I was trying to figure that out. All I have managed to do with my Ring is get a tile on the dashboard, no live stream. And even tapping the tile won’t do anything. I’m new to ST so I’m in that phase of wanting to learn and try everything :grin:

Did you add Ring as a motion tile? If so, tapping the tile won’t do anything, as it is just a motion status tile. However, you may want to create a Hyperlink with ring:// as the URL, and add it in the dashboard, so you can tap it to open the Ring app.

I am struggling to understand how to set up media or url tiles. I have the Ring app and the Rapid Ring app. I’m not sure what I put in when creating the media Hyperlink. How do I know / find what url to use? Sorry for all the newbie questions, your help is awesome and really appreciated.