Ring alarm sensors - battery status

Finally getting to the end of our house refurbish ment rebuild and starting to think about dashboards. The house is a collection of tech - echo (v3 and show5); nest co2/fire alarms; hue bulbs and strips; Fibaro dimmers; ring alarm, cameras and doorbell; luovolite blinds; evohome heating; broadlink for a few bits; Samsung TV, washer, fridge; and somfy garage door (and some blinds). Everything works through the echos and is (mostly) pulled together through smarthings.

I thought I’d start with something simple (!) for the dashboards, but looking for some advice/options. Trying to pull together a single view of all battery statuses across the house and wondering if/how people are doing this for the ring alarm sensors (and the nest protects for that matter, but not got to those yet). I don’t think there’s any kind of direct integration with smarthings (although I’ve seen a few older posts about custom DTHs, etc.). Hoping someone has solved it already, so thought I’d throw it out to you guys. Not afraid to dabble in anything to get it working, just looking for ideas so I don’t spend too long down blind alleys. Any advice much appreciated. T

1 Like

That’s likely going to be the biggest challenge, but it’s fairly common to pick up different pieces over time and then try to figure out how to bring them all together later so you’re not alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said, going forward I would try to focus on items that are compatible with each other. Since you’re using SmartThings, a good choice would be to focus on Zigbee and Z-wave devices. You’ll have much better compatibility and it makes it easier to switch to other hubs in the future if you decide and still maintain compatibility (eg. Hubitat hub).

SmartThings recently started support some Nest devices but it’s ONLY within their mobile app. Can’t be used in SharpTools or community apps.

There’s a paid Nest integration by Yves Racine on the SmartThings community that seems to get good feedback from the community. I don’t have any experience with it, but you might give that a try?

1 Like