[Resolved] Smartthings out of sync

Hi,

I have created a virtual switch to control motion sensor on/off state. But when I change virtual switch status in smartthings app, status will not update to sharptools Dashboard. Tile in sharptools Dashboard shows wrong status for virtual switch.

Welcome to the community, @Turo_Jantunen! Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected. Is this using the official ‘Virtual Switch’ device handler in SmartThings?

One of the first troubleshooting steps you might try is to refresh your browser page when viewing your dashboard (then wait a few moments for it to complete the healthcheck in the background). When the SharpTools.io dashboard first loads, it runs a healtcheck to make sure that all of the event subscriptions are setup as expected.

If that doesn’t help, can you PM me the Doc ID of the device in question? You can find the Doc ID by:

1. Open your SharpTools.io User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to your desired location
  3. Tap on your desired device in the Things list
  4. Switch ‘Show Advanced’ on in the top-right corner of the page
  5. Copy the displayed Doc ID

Hi,

Yes, this is the official device handler. I am currently using sharptools as a dashboard for home automation, it run on a tablet wich is wall mounted. So dashboard should refresh itself when needed, infact I have similar issue with few light bulbs also. Previously I have been using Actiontiles and these worked on in there. I will PM Doc ID for you.

Thanks for the confirmation. I received the Doc ID and responded via PM.

Yes, the dashboards will automatically push device status updates to your tablet.

I was suggesting that you manually refresh the page because the SharpTools.io web application runs a set of healthchecks when the page is first loaded. Sometimes just refreshing the page can be be enough for the system to fix itself if something isn’t working. :smiley:

Edit: The issue seems to have resolved itself during our troubleshooting. :white_check_mark: :+1: