[RESOLVED] Sharptools tiles NEVER updating when changed in SmartThings

I am a new user to Sharptools using it with my smartthings hub. I have set up a couple of dashboards and I am finding the following very strange behaviors. It is true for all tiles but I will use an example of a tile that is a light switch with light level.

1. If I turn the switch on or off with Sharptools it works fine (light goes on or off)

2. If the light switch is turned on or off any other way (automation, manual switching, smartthings app) it does not update in Sharptools and gets out of sync.

3. If I change the light level from 25% to 50% in Sharptools, it changes the level on the light BUT DOES NOT record the change in Sharptools.

Does anyone have any idea why I am not getting any updates from smartthings to Sharptools?

Hi Lorne-
Welcome to the community and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected.

What kind of smart devices are you testing with?

Well that didn’t take long to figure out! The SMARTAPP in SmartThings was disabled for some reason. Don’t know how but it seems to have started working when I enabled it. Duh.

To answer your question, My devices are all either smartthings, Lutron or Meross.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for sharing the solution! :smiley: