[Resolved] Loading Issues, Upstream Service Issue

Don’t know if this is helpful. None of my devices on my home network connected through Verizon FIOS work. Same with my iPhone on home network. But when I switch off wifi on the phone - AT&T - dashboards work fine.

1 Like

It seems to be a mixture of regionalized and intermittent from what I can tell. Some people are able to get things to work after a few tries of logging out and logging back in. And I personally haven’t been impacted by it yet on any of my test devices.

1 Like

Occurring on Safari and other devices —- on Frontier FIOS

Switched off WiFi and hit the dashboards via 5G/AT&T like someone else suggested and it is solved. Wonder if Frontier is having some type of routing issue

Florida also if that helps.

Doesnt work for me, same errors as everyone is explaining.

Coming from Norway, tried VPN thru US, UK and Australia to no avail.
Must be somenthing at Shartools, at least not regional…

Regards
Tommy

I should clarify that it appears to be multi-regional. We’ll have to wait for Google’s official analysis as right now I can only infer based on what’s being reported.

I also tried connecting to various VPN endpoints and I was not able to reproduce the issue with any of the connections, but Google’s global network ingress is quite vast and complex (global anycast, sticky sessions, etc). It’s possible those VPN endpoints still end up trying into similar ‘clean’ ingress paths into Google’s network.

That’s an interesting data point as I’m using ATT Fiber. I tried from T-Mobile (DFW) and it’s fine there too.

1 Like

Well, it’s definitely intermittent. I got mine working before, but now it’s down again. I’m in the Toronto, Canada area. My cellular carrier and my home internet are two different providers and it is not working on either.

1 Like

No Dashboards here as well. Logging out and back in not successful. Changing to Cell no luck either.

QUESTION: Are existing rules running successfully and just no dashboards?

1 Like

Just started acting up in last 20 minutes. The several logout/login’s not working here. I can use cellular version but not wifi (via Spectrum) in N Carolina

1 Like

Cell data trick doesn’t work anymore here either.

Latest update from the Google incident tracker:

Our engineering team has identified a potential root cause and is working towards identifying a mitigation strategy.

No ETA provided yet, but it seems like they are narrowing in on the issue and working on a mitigation approach.

2 Likes

Yes, the system logs indicate that rules continue to work as expected. Reports from other community members confirm this as well.

Based on the incident report shared by Google, it seems to be limited to direct end-user connections. (eg. Browser connections)

2 Likes

Thanks Josh appreciate the later evening work here

1 Like

Not only Sharptools rules, but I also wonder about Smartthings routines. To test your question, I was going to change my ST virtual presence sensors to away. That should trigger Smartthings to make my home status Away. When my status changes to Away, that triggers a Sharptools rule to execute a Pushover notification to my phone.

My home did not change to away. So I don’t know what is working.

Update: I got another idea. I went into ST, to the Manage Locations gear, and manually changed the status of my house to Away. I got the Pushover notification, so it looks like the Sharptools rule is still working. But why isn’t my ST routine working to change status?

I still can not get it. I tried a few different things like logout and back in, and tried using cell data. I will wait and see what happens tomorrow.

1 Like

Latest update from the Google Incident Tracker:

Mitigation work is currently underway by our engineering team.

The mitigation is expected to complete by Wednesday, 2023-11-15 19:30 US/Pacific.

And the latest update from the Google Incident Tracker indicates that the issue should be resolved.

The issue with Cloud Firestore, Identity and Access Management, Identity Platform has been resolved for all affected users as of Wednesday, 2023-11-15 18:42 US/Pacific.

We will publish an analysis of this incident once we have completed our internal investigation.

Can any of you that were impacted please confirm if things have cleared up on your side? And if you needed to logout again or a refresh of the page resolved things for you?

3 Likes

resolved here!..----- No login needed.

2 Likes

Resolved for me as well. No login needed.

Though still having trouble with my status. The physical devices (android and iphone) are setting the correct state of the virtual device. It’s just that then the location status is not be changed to home or away. Too late at night now to try and figure this out.

1 Like

All is back to normal again :slight_smile: cheers!

1 Like

I can access my dashboards but I’m experiencing issues with my Hubitat integration. When I try to interact with functions like turning off lights or scenes, it doesn’t work and an error message appears.

UPDATE: I restarted my hubitat and now things work as normal. I assume the hub needed a new security token.