[RESOLVED] Hubitat Authorization Outage 2021-02-20

Hubitat support has just restarted their OAuth cloud service, and the device authorization seems to be working for me again.

2 Likes

I’ll bet our super-sleuths will soon figure it out!

Stan

@Ignacio_Fotografias, @Michael_Horton , @Stan_Silverman, does the device authorization work again for you guys now?

1 Like

Yes authorised now.

How long before the Dashboards are restored?

Once you reauthorize, you’re taken back to SharpTools where you see a success message and then a progress bar showing the devices syncing over in the background. Once the devices are synced over, any placeholder tiles should be rehydrated (assuming the dashboards weren’t edited).

Edit: Adding just for reference… with SmartThings, the device sync usually only takes a few seconds. With Hubitat, it depends on the number of devices you have. A normal setup might be 30 seconds or less, but if you have a large number of devices it may take a few minutes.

How do I get a list of all the HE devices that are in the Dashboards so I can add them back in.

As instructed I removed them all.

There isn’t a list of which Hubitat devices are in dashboards. Just a list of all the devices you currently have authorized to SharpTools.

Edit: We pushed an update out to get the placeholder tiles displaying as expected again too (refresh the browser to pull in the update). Looks like there was a bug in the last performance update that made the placeholder tiles not render.

1 Like

Ok so have to re-enable everything again

2 Likes

Thanks. Works just fine now, James. I knew you’d know what to do.

Josh - I had not reported it to Hubitat.

You have a good connection to Hubitat support. My experience has not been that great. It’s not at all hostile, it’s just not been very helpful.

With few exceptions, the larger an organization gets the more difficult it is to get quality support. For example, I would never again waste time trying to get help from Microsoft.

While on the subject, I’ll put in a word for outstanding support from Eufy. Of course, not quite as responsive as the gold standard set by SharpTools.

2 Likes

Actually - it’s being a little flakey. Has come and gone and a couple of times for me.

Ok got everything back.

Thank you so much for your help.

I need to consider the usage of cloud services as I go forward.

For quite a period there it looked like all the Dashboards had been trashed, it was a very uncomfortable few hours.

@Michael_Horton, thanks for the updates and as @josh noted the regular device control via the dashboard wasn’t impacted by this Hubitat Authorization outage. It was unfortunately in your scenario that somehow your devices went disappeared and Hubitat oAuth wasn’t working to resync your device to SharpTools.

1 Like