Requesting Home Assistant Connection

I just renewed my yearly subscription, I hope you guys add HA.

2 Likes

HA is awesome, Lovelace blows. This is by far the easiest to use, so please get this in the pipeline.

3 Likes

Paying subscriber checking in and hoping for an update on the HA ā†’ SharpTools integration front? This would unleash some awesome flexibility

1 Like

No major updates at the moment. We did some further technical analysis including some basic proof-of-concept work. At this point, thereā€™s probably more questions about the cultural and commercial fit than anything else.

The Home Assistant community seems very emphatic about free, open-source, local solutions. Looking through the community, itā€™s hard to find even a single commercial solution layered on top of Home Assistant.

I appreciate the honest feedback. Overall, thatā€™s a completely accurate statement. Local processing, security, and community development are top priorities. I will say that there are a lot of voluntary, monetary, donations to developers just below the surface. Most realize that good software doesnā€™t write itself.

Thanks for responding and Iā€™ll keep watching :smile:

1 Like

I am in the middle of an article on smart home tech and have yo say this would not be the worst idea for you business wise, ha does allow some commercial items via cloud too. But if sharptools could actually pull info from home assistant it would be a game changer for both in my opinion.

3 Likes

Waited 15 months since this started and no further down the line, have cancelled my sub hopefully you can get this working and i will head back.

Good luck

Well I have moved over most things to HA, I now have over 300 devices in HA. I only have a few things left on Smartthings due to using Sharptools. I pay annually and it is important that you all figure out how to implement. I see you have lost some subscribers and I will be leaving also. I hope you all figure it out!

1 Like

Is there any update now. It has been a long time since the last update.

Hey Andy-
Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! The Home Assistant integration has worked its way to the top of our feature request list and we are actively working on it. I donā€™t have any additional details to share at the moment, but once weā€™re ready for beta testers, Iā€™ll be sure to share an update here. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic news! If any beta testers are needed, please let me know.

3 Likes

This could take some users from ST to Home Assistant !.. :scream:

1 Like

Iā€™ve migrated almost everything to HA. The only reason ST is still running is as a bridge to SharpTools. STs reliability has only gotten worse in the last few months. Iā€™ll be thrilled to yank the plug!

4 Likes

Just wanted to share an update that weā€™re nearing the release of a private beta of the Home Assistant and SharpTools connection! Weā€™ve been busy getting all the bits-and-pieces in place to make sure your favorite smart home platform works well with SharpTools!

Keep an eye on this thread as we will be posting more details, including how to join the private beta, in the coming weeks. Please note that this will be released as a Home Assistant ā€˜Add Onā€™ which means youā€™ll need to be using one of the supported installation methods (eg. Home Assistant OS or Supervised)

How to Watch This Thread (tap here)

At the bottom of this thread, tap the bell icon and select ā€˜Watchingā€™.

11 Likes

Best Christmas EVER! :grinning:

3 Likes

Very interesting.
Now make it mostly run in a local HA Add-On and Iā€™m sold.
Regardless I will be checking this out.
Wouldnā€™t mind checking out that Beta if I can.

3 Likes

OMG, mind blown! Had to cancel my sub a few months ago, gonna renew right now!

3 Likes

Me too when beta releases :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

definitely interested in this beta. the only hesitation i ever had with swapping to HA was losing my dashboards.

3 Likes

Josh, I was a massive fan of Sharptools during your Smartthings era!
I abandoned Smartthings when Samsung gutted their system.
I adopted HomeAssistant and have never looked back, it is a fantastic IOT platform, and the local control, tight integration with 1000s of devices, and completely open source approach combined with their releases of plug and play automatic installations has allowed Home Assistant to mature from a developer/tinkerers platform to a truly globally accessible platform.

Questions for you, what additional capabilities will Sharptools be bringing to HomeAssistant?

Will you be using the blueprint options to implement?

Edit: to show my support, I just renewed my subscription, you do good work, and I fully support your move to HomeAssistant!

Edit: can you elaborate on what will be exposed to HA with your integration?

3 Likes