I have a Hue bulb that’s starting to have a mind of its own. It turns itself on at random times. It becomes active on the dashboard as if it was triggered to do so.
Here’s what I’ve done to conclude that the bulb is the culprit. No other Hue bulbs have ever exhibited this problem:
- Rebooted the Hue hub
- Rebooted Hubitat hub
- Recreated the rules in Hubitat Rule Machine. (They were originally in SharpTools Rule Engine)
Seem to me that the problem has to be with the bulb itself.
- Remove bulb from Hubitat.
- Install new bulb and discover it in Hubitat
- Give it the same name as the defective bulb.
- Reauthorize devices in Sharptools
Question: Will SharpTools dashboards and Rule Engine now substitute the new bulb for the old one, or will reprogramming be needed?