Question: How to Delete Feature Request from My Votes

I can’t vote for another feature request because I’m at the limit. However almost all of my votes are for features already implemented.

How do I delete an old one so I can add a new one?

You just click on the “Vote” button again to get back your vote. Not sure if that’s prohibited once the thread is locked, but hope not.

1 Like

Thanks, @Justin_Leonard

Works even on closed requests.

Too obvious a solution for me I suppose.

Votes should automatically be returned to you when a feature request is closed (while retaining your original vote in the thread for historical purposes).

If that’s not the case, feel free to PM me and I can reopen and close the thread to force it to release the votes.

@josh my votes aren’t being returned when topics are closed either. I just went in and removed them from all the closed feature requests before finding this post.

Thanks for the heads up. If it happens again, would you mind PM’ing me before you unvote? I’d like to take a look and see if there’s any clues as to what’s going on in these cases. :slight_smile:

Sure thing. Will do.

@josh my vote for rules log was not returned after the feature request was closed
Rule Execution Log

Thanks for the tag, @Terri! I checked the votes and it looks like 6 / 6 votes have been used on other requests:

https://community.sharptools.io/my/activity/votes

As a reminder, here’s the post describing the voting limits and how to check your votes. As you can see in the screenshot above, the Rule Execution Log shows a lock next to it which means its closed and doesn’t count toward your vote count. But there’s still 6 other open votes cast.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I thought it was still registering my vote since it gives me the option to remove my vote. Just wasn’t clear on how that part worked. :+1:

1 Like