"Post-it" type note tile?

Afternoon,
Anyone have any suggestions for a post-it type note tile? I’m finally getting some approval from the wife on this smarthome stuff and she’s asking for a post-it note reminder on the tablet we just set up. I tried a search, but didn’t come across anything that sounded like what I was looking for.

For example: “Pizza Day on Tuesday!”

Edit: Ideally this would be something she could add from her phone or through the Google Assistant.

1 Like

Set Up a google calendar and then use OK google add event… Ive been trying to get a list but not sure its possible (im still very much a novice at sharptools), so I used a calendar in the mean time.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do, but that’s probably the best idea. My wife isn’t a heavy user of online calendars, but this may be enough to convince her.

In the meantime, I’ve added a random cat gif tile that has her entertained.

3 Likes

You can set a Text Variable Tile, it can be captured and/or displayed from and to multiple dashboards…

2 Likes

What’s the easiest way for someone who doesn’t like computers to do that? If it requires me to set it up, it has less chance of working. Her patience for learning how to interact with the dash is relatively limited.

1 Like

We have a “family calendar” shared with my wife that we basically use as the event and todo reminder. And she knows I have no excuse to “forget” anything’s on it because she knows I frequently use the dashboards. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi my friend…its really easy to set it up, and really easy to use it. Just a little effort, I hope this could help:

1.- Tap in your Sharp Tools Account menu and go to “Manage Resources” section
2.- Select “Variables” option and create a new one, set its name and select “Text” type
3.- In the desired dashboard, add a Variable Tile, pickup the Variable you just created, set it up as you want to be displayed in your dashboard
4.- In the Variable Tiles attributes (Edit option) set Show Value Prompt, with this feature, anytime the dashboard user taps in the tile a text prompt will inquiry to enter the text. The text will be displayed in all dashboards that includes this variable tile.

Thats it. Luck to do it !

4 Likes

My friend…Your creation is turning back against to you, like Skynet beginning, please go with care… :joy:

2 Likes

That works perfectly! Thanks for that, I bet I can convince her to do that at least :slight_smile:

2 Likes