Offset sunset / sunrise in condition (feature request)

Is that possible to add a feature to offset before / after sunrise or sunset in condition

It will give more flexibility to different automation

Use case : An automation that get trigger by a device, with multiple if depending of the time of the day (45 minutes before sunset, do …, else time is …, then

Hi all, I’m currently trying to migrate my webcore pistons to sharptools Rule Engine.
When trying to add time conditions I noticed Sharptool’s time constraints are not as flexible as Webcore’s, or even not as well optioned as ST app’s routine time conditions.

Example, I was trying to add a time period condition, say, time between 150 mins before sunset, to 15 mins after sunset. I did not seem to find it could support this kind of time condition, only before sunset, or after sunset (and when switch to “between” option, I could only choose between 2 specific time). See screenshot:

Could there be more flexible time period condition be added? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi @Paul_P - I hope you don’t mind that I moved your post out of the beta thread and into the relevant feature request that @plb44 recently created. Feel free to scroll up and cast a vote. :slight_smile:

Note that you can add offsets to sunrise/sunset as part of triggers:

And you can do conditions between a time and sunset/sunrise – you can do this by adding them as two separate conditions rather than using ‘between’:

1 Like

Thanks Josh, I wasn’t sure if that was the right thread so thanks for moving out. Yeah I noticed those capabilities you mentioned, but still falls short compared to sunrise/sunset offset conditions.

One question to the time trigger, I guess it only trigger one when it reaches the set time correct?

2 Likes

Yes. Or if you have multiple time triggers added, the rule will trigger when each of the different specified times occur.

1 Like

I would like to be able to trigger based off a motion sensor and only turn on security lights 1 hour or later prior to sunset. This would be very helpful.