HI new user, tried various combinations but can’t get my first rule to work so looking for some help please.
Setup = I am trying to monitor several Arlo camera’s so that if one should go offline I get notified by email. I have them connected to smart things. I have connected smart things to sharp tools and I have authorised all the devices in sharp tools. I can see all the cameras in sharp tools and I have tried these types of rules:
Rule 1 – Device Watch
- Trigger - Event - Device - Back door Camera - DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus changes and is not online. The Action is - Notification - Email - my address - subject line message - body message.
- Saved the rule and then did not place it on the dashboard as my understanding is you only do that when you want a tile where you can manually trigger the rule.
- Didn’t work, camera went offline later in the day, no email wasn’t triggered and therefore not received.
- Tried Rule adding it to the dashboard, by this time the camera was online - but I got an email saying offline every time I pressed the dashboard tile to activate the rule.
Rule 2 – Health Status
- Trigger - Event - Device - Back door Camera - healthStatus changes and is not ‘online’. The Action is - Notification - Email - my address - subject message - body message.
- Saved rule and then did not place it on the dashboard.
- Didn’t work – same as above
- Adding it to the dashboard, outcome same as above
Q. Am I using the wrong type of rule?
Q. Am I using the wrong trigger?
Q. Am I structuring the logic incorrectly?
Any advice on how to get the outcome I’m looking for – knowing when a camera goes offline – is much appreciated.