New Feature: Dashboard Sharing!

We are excited to announce the next SharpTools.io platform release which brings with it a brand new Dashboard Sharing feature!

:crown: Dashboard Sharing is a Premium feature.
If you are using the free tier, please contact us if you’d like us to reset your trial.

The dashboard sharing feature enables you to easily share your dashboards with friends and family! Whether you want to share your own favorite dashboards or create new dashboards with a limited set of tiles, you can use the dashboard sharing feature however you see fit!

For more details about how to invite your friends/family/guests and the various guest access levels, check out the associated help article:

6 Likes

Just tested, seems to work as expected. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Excelent !..great Tool !

2 Likes

I have a paid account and setup a free account for my wall mounted panel and one for my wife. I then shared select dashboards to those accounts. It worked great until the free trial on those accounts expired. Now only the first 16 tiles work and the remainder are given a prompt to Get Premium for Unlimited Tiles. Am I missing something?

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting - I was able to reproduce the issue. I’ll take a closer look and see if I can figure out what’s going on. In the meantime I can manually tag the accounts you had shared with so they have premium access.

Edit: @James has pushed an update which corrects this. :+1:

1 Like

Works fine on my wife’s Apple iPad! But she has to relog in every time she wants to use it. Is that normal?
Thanks for your help!

Hey @carlomonsieur welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

No, she should not need to login each time. What browser are you using on her iPad? Also note that there are some things that can trigger a log-out like linking additional login types (eg. phone login, email login), resetting her password, etc.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for your information ! Works betternow using the digital touch on het Apple iPad and iPhone.

Kind regards,

Carlo Monsieur

1 Like

Does the shared user have to have a premium account to use a dashboard from a premium user?

No, the guest should get access to all the premium features on the shared dashboard. I saw your other post about calendars and will reply there. :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard Sharing and Custom Tiles (and Google Sign In)

I must be dense but I don’t see the Share icon on any of my dashboards, only the Cancel icon. What do I need to do to get it working? Thanks

You need to be out of edit mode for the Share button to show up. Tap the cancel (or save) button and the Share button will show up where the Cancel button was.

You are indeed correct. Thanks.

If I create and share a dashboard for my wife, and then add new devices to the dashboard, will I need to reshare it? or will her dashboard just update automatically with the new devices?

It will automatically update with the new devices.

The permissions are granted at the dashboard level and will automatically trickle down and get applied to the individual devices when updates are made to the dashboard.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Share Dashboard Design