Nest thermostat and SmartThings

So after two months, Nest thermostat finally showed up in my SmartThings app, but when I go to SharpTools.io smart app it says “no thermostat found” in the authorization page, any ideas?

It is actually a bit more strange (I guess nothing strange when you are talking about Google and ST) but the device does show up in devices on the app, but not in the device list in the IDE and I guess therefore it is not being picked up by the SharpTools.io

Unfortunately Nest’s SmartThings integration is not open for any 3rd party integration at this point, so things like SharpTools or webCoRE are not able to control Nest via SmartThings with the new integration. Might be a good idea to voice your feedback in the SmartThings community so it can be heard by SmartThings team. :grinning:

1 Like

Another reason to switch to ecobee i guess

1 Like

There is a user created Hubitat implementation in delelopment: [Beta] Google SDM API - Nest integration

I’ve been using it for a few days and although it is a bit convoluted to set up (Google’s fault, not the developer), it is working fine for me.