Make a dashboard public?

Is there method of making a dashboard public without having a user log in? The reason I’m asking is I’d like to share 1 dashboard to my next door neighbour… but not have to have him log in. I’d like to share info on my weather station and him being able to turn on/off our shared garden gate light.

Guest users must have their own SharpTools account. It can be a free account as the license is based on the ‘owner’ of the dashboard.

Some people choose to create accounts that they manage for their guests. For example 123MainStreet@gmail.com and then they can share the login with their guest or add the restricted account to devices within the guest’s room.

1 Like

Hubitat just launched its EZ dashboards. A huge leap forward but still light years behind sharptools. But one feature got my attention.

You can share a dashboard with a cloud link that does not require you having an account or authenticate in any way.

Having to setup a free account on Sharptools is a bit of a barrier to accessing shareable dashboards. Even members of my family won’t go to that “extraordinary” length to access.

It would be nice if a sharing option existed where no login is needed.

I’m open to the idea if someone wants to create a feature request and it gets enough votes.

I would note that I have some hesitation with the idea of being able to access a dashboard with just a link with no other limitations applied to it. This seems like a reasonable approach for a short-term or temporary share, but as a permanent thing it just seems like it would be ripe for issues (eg. forgetting the link was shared and the link inadvertently getting exposed somewhere).