Is there a way to run sharptools.io locally

I know or at least I think action tiles can but I have grown used to this platform.

1 Like

Hi @burick_graham, none of the 3rd party software can be integrated with SmartThings locally, including ActionTiles. SmartThings has been working on improving the local processing, but is limited to its official smart app, like Smart Light, or Automation at this point, and have some limitations. See below.
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/209979766-Local-processing

Anyway, can you share us your thoughts why do you want SharpTools.io to run locally? Thanks.

1 Like

Isn’t hubitat focussed on local control? I want to be able to still control digital tiles locally

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were asking about SmartThings integration since AT was mentioned. We currently integrate with Hubitat over Hubitat cloud and that means Hubitat hub still needs internet connection so it can be controlled remotely on your phone or by SharpTools. Additionally, many have both SmartThings and Hubitat, and use SharpTools as the middle man to control devices from different platforms in one dashboard, or create rules to make different devices to interact across platform.

I would love it if we could purchase a license to run a local version of the dashboard for Hubitat. I have a Synology NAS with docker on it, if I could purchase a local-execution subscription and run a docker image of the sharptools dashboard that would be streets ahead of the competition.

6 Likes

Great idea! How good would that be!!

1 Like

Sharptools is slick and I like the UI, but I need it local. I use Hubitat because it is local, and where I live, sometimes I have sustained internet outages and still want to be able to control my devices.

2 Likes

I’m moving away from home assistant and to hubitat. I want my home automation to be local.

Would pay for a local version of sharptools. It looks like the best dashboard component out there right now.

1 Like

Since it’s not available, why don’t you try this:
-buy a SmartThings Hub; use HubConnect to send everything to it
-use SharpTools with SmartThings as your source

you would be surprised as to how fast the response is…

I’m trying to understand how that would be faster? I don’t believe SharpTools runs locally on SmartThings? It would seem that you now have added another path of latency Hubitat - HubConnect - SmartThings - SharpTools. I use HubConnect now to connect multiple Hubitat hubs and the hub to hub connection is very fast but still have the delay to the cloud. I thought that using Hubitat’s dashboard might be slightly faster than SharpTools but in the testing I have done, it is not noticeable, but it is still cloud based as well.

Just wanted to say…that I would love to run Sharptools local too. :slight_smile:
I’m building my home automation as local as possible so that I wouldn’t need internet at all (or at least I wouldn’t have to use it often). I’m using sharptools now and it’s basically one and only dashboard that I want to use anymore. Now I’m pressing tile in dashboard and it goes through the great big internet …and that I would like to change to local.

Want to add my vote for this as well.

Use case is again usage with Hubitat to remove any Internet dependency