Is there a way to disable the Command Sent message?

As the title states, Is there a way to disable the Command Sent message? I saw in an earlier post it was on the roadmap.

Thanks, Glenn

4 Likes

Edit: I’ve moved this topic into the Feature Requests section so it can be voted on directly.

Edit 2: The Themes and Styles feature has been released and includes a Custom CSS feature which can be used to hide all green ‘toast’ messages:

.toast.green { display: none }

Alternative method using Fully Kiosk Browser's Inject JavaScript Feature

In the meantime, if this is on a device running Fully Kiosk Browser, you could use the “Inject JavaScript” feature in Advanced Web Settings to inject a style override that hides the toast:

let css = document.createElement('style');
css.type = 'text/css';
css.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".toast.green{display:none}"));
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css);

In the example above, I’ve hidden all green toasts which are primarily success messages (eg. .toast.green). You could target the .toast-container for ALL toasts, but I would not recommend it as some error or informational toasts might be important.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I’d also like to see this functionality. I have a dashboard that I’ve added to my iPhone home screen that contains a couple momentary device tiles for volume control. So, I have to repeatedly press one to increase/decrease the volume. The “Command Sent” dialogs often times cascade over the button, and I have to wait for them to disappear before continuing to press the button.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Bumping this again for all the exact same reasons. Recent exit of ST and AT over to HE and SharpTools. This was literally the ‘second’ thing I searched for after ‘don’t wrap text labels’. AT has a disable feature for the toast - would be great to get that on this platform.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Bloodtick_Jones. I went ahead and moved this topic into the Feature Requests section so it can be voted on. Make sure to scroll up to the first post to cast your vote. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, if you’re using Fully Kiosk Browser to view your dashboards, there’s a workaround noted above. We’re also hard at work on a new Themes/Styles feature which will allow for custom CSS and might be a sufficient approach for hiding the toast messages.

For my home dashboards, this will work and I do undersand how the JS injection works, but for the iOS applications that I tend to use more - this unfortunately isn’t a workaround. Appreciated the quick feedback - must different then AT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just an update that the Themes and Styles feature has been released which includes support for Custom CSS. You can use the Custom CSS feature to hide all green ‘toast’ messages:

.toast.green { display: none }
1 Like