Is there a way to disable the Command Sent message?

As the title states, Is there a way to disable the Command Sent message? I saw in an earlier post it was on the roadmap.

Thanks, Glenn

4 Likes

Edit: Iā€™ve moved this topic into the Feature Requests section so it can be voted on directly.

Edit 2: The Themes and Styles feature has been released and includes a Custom CSS feature which can be used to hide all green ā€˜toastā€™ messages:

.toast.green { display: none }

Alternative method using Fully Kiosk Browser's Inject JavaScript Feature

In the meantime, if this is on a device running Fully Kiosk Browser, you could use the ā€œInject JavaScriptā€ feature in Advanced Web Settings to inject a style override that hides the toast:

let css = document.createElement('style');
css.type = 'text/css';
css.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".toast.green{display:none}"));
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css);

In the example above, Iā€™ve hidden all green toasts which are primarily success messages (eg. .toast.green). You could target the .toast-container for ALL toasts, but I would not recommend it as some error or informational toasts might be important.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread, but Iā€™d also like to see this functionality. I have a dashboard that Iā€™ve added to my iPhone home screen that contains a couple momentary device tiles for volume control. So, I have to repeatedly press one to increase/decrease the volume. The ā€œCommand Sentā€ dialogs often times cascade over the button, and I have to wait for them to disappear before continuing to press the button.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Bumping this again for all the exact same reasons. Recent exit of ST and AT over to HE and SharpTools. This was literally the ā€˜secondā€™ thing I searched for after ā€˜donā€™t wrap text labelsā€™. AT has a disable feature for the toast - would be great to get that on this platform.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Bloodtick_Jones. I went ahead and moved this topic into the Feature Requests section so it can be voted on. Make sure to scroll up to the first post to cast your vote. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, if youā€™re using Fully Kiosk Browser to view your dashboards, thereā€™s a workaround noted above. Weā€™re also hard at work on a new Themes/Styles feature which will allow for custom CSS and might be a sufficient approach for hiding the toast messages.

For my home dashboards, this will work and I do undersand how the JS injection works, but for the iOS applications that I tend to use more - this unfortunately isnā€™t a workaround. Appreciated the quick feedback - must different then AT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just an update that the Themes and Styles feature has been released which includes support for Custom CSS. You can use the Custom CSS feature to hide all green ā€˜toastā€™ messages:

.toast.green { display: none }
1 Like