Increase tile size above 10

Sometimes 10 isnt enough. This one should go to 11 and above :wink:

Increasing tile size to 15 or 20 gives us more flexibility when configuring our dashboards. Even better would be to have us type The number, and not selecting from a list. Then i can choose myself.

Yes, espically on label tiles. I made my tiles small so i could adjust the size finer, but now i can not make the label tile wide enough to go across the screen. Please consider this on the label tile if nothing else.

1 Like

This seems like it would be an easy win with little/no downside, so I hope it could be done. My situation is the same as Bill_White: I’m using 16-tile width on one weather dashboard because the images from the provider are only available in certain sizes, and I didn’t like the look of excess space nor cropping. That approach has worked fine for me, but today I was trying out a new weather widget that’s horizontally oriented. At the max of 10 tiles the widget is trying to display in a more portrait orientation. If I could set the width to 16 I’d be all set. More flexibility is good!

+1. Is this just simply a matter of changing a constant MAX-WIDTH = 10 in the underlying code, or is it more complicated than that? This would probably be a prerequisite to some other feature requests, such as a ticker/notification bar, for any of us using high column dashboards.

A primitive version would be increasing the increasing the dimension options from 1-10 to some bigger number, but to be done properly there’s more considerations.

I’m not a fan of endless lists of options, so my gut instinct is there would need to be some sort of ‘custom’ option that allowed you to free-form enter a larger number rather than just infinitely expanding the list of dimension options.

Then the question is what’s the implication of those bigger numbers and what should the constraints be. One logical constraint might be to dynamically limit the upper-end of the height/width based on the number of columns that a dashboard is configured for, but we also still support reflowing dashboards which don’t have an explicit column width defined (instead favoring tile widths and automatically reflowing to fit as many tiles wide as possible) so the constraint is not as clear there.

And it leaves the potential issue of entering a really large width which is valid at the time and then changing the width of the dashboard - either resizing to a smaller number of columns wide or changing to reflowing from column width. Some of these problems already exist in the current configuration options, but the impact of them is much more limited given the fixed set of options.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks for providing insight into the complexity!

I use a higher dashboard tile count and rarely design with 1x1 tiles. I use a higher count so that I can create more tile size options (5x3, 7x5, etc); which ultimately provides more arrangement options.

1 Like

+1 on this one. I have a news ticker at the bottom of my dashboard and it is only covering half the screen which looks really odd. Are there any workarounds / hacks we can do in the short term to circumvent the 10x limit?

Thanks for your interest. “+1” comments do not count as votes. Please scroll to the top of the thread and use the voting mechanism to cast an official vote. Thank you.