Include Hub Name + Device Name in the add to list and display option

Home owners who have multiple homes might want a single dashboard or add multiple devices from the same account.

Example: Owning a home with 5 thermostats and a second home with three might look something like this. Homes with boilers or electric heat have MANY thermostats. We have one with 23 thermostats.

Living Room
Living Room
Garage
Garage
Bedroom

Due to already existing metrics, like graphing them in Influx/Grafana, renaming them to be “Location - Thermostat - Living Room” would be a lot of work and mess up historical data. An option to Display Hub/Location name would be very helpful for homeowners who have multiple properties.

I like this idea, having a hubitat at home and a cabin, i’ve been putting location initials in front of the devices names in hubitat so I can figure out which location its from when loaded to Sharptools. Otherwise several names would be duplicated on things like “Front Door”, etc…

Alternatively in the “Add Item” menu add a separate “Things” menu for each Hub/Location and labeled as so.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your example. Be sure to scroll up to the top and hit the ‘Vote’ button to cast a vote. :slight_smile:

I thought of renaming the devices like @kampto, but I already have years worth of data in InfluxDB and pretty much once I name a device, it stays that way in InfluxDB.

Bump … this is a good idea!

We also have 2 locations. We’re managing, but this would be so much easier and user-friendly.

1 Like

Bump …great idea and voted.

1 Like