We’re excited to announce the next SharpTools.io release which includes a number of popularly requested features and enhancements:
- More Icons + Icon Search
- Revamped Editor Drag-and-Drop / Add / Remove logic
- Rule Engine: Quick Edit Menu
- Other Enhancements and Fixes (Icons in Hero Attributes!)
Tons of new icons based on popular request - including icons for vacuums, patios, laundry rooms, genders, pets, fall, sports, drinks, outdoors, brands, and more!
And a brand new search functionality to make it easy to find the icon you’re looking for!
A major focus in this release was on simplifying the editing experience and improving some things that new users found unintuitive. Specifically, we’ve minimized the number of things that trigger a dashboard to be reflowed while editing and now automatically inject Spacer tiles.
This makes it easier to add/remove tiles without affecting the layout of your dashboards and easier to place tiles without having to remember to inject Spacer tiles before saving.
Tap to View Details
- Adding/Removing Tiles: Previously, anytime a tile was added or removed from your dashboard, the tiles would automatically reflow to fill the collapsed space. Now, the tiles remain locked in their original positions.
Minimize Reflows: A major focus with this release was on preventing the ‘reflow’ / ‘relayout’ that has been a frustrating point for many of you!
- Previously, the dashboard would automatically trigger a relayout on a variety of events, including the addition/removal of tiles and the dashboard canvas size changing.
Auto Spacers: Another point of confusion for new users was the need to manually include Spacer tiles before saving a dashboard.
- Now, when a dashboard is saved, the system will automatically inject spacers to keep things positioned as you had them laid out.
Note: Certain things will still trigger a vertical shift - if you have any empty spaces above a tile that were created by removing another tile, if you drag any tile, it will collapse vertical space (eg. collapse vertical space while maintaining horizontal position).
- You’ll find a new
...overflow menu in the Rule List screen allowing you quick access to:
- Copy a Rule: creates a copy of the rule and takes you straight to the editor to make any needed changes and choose to save or discard the copy
- Enable/Disable a Rule: quick toggle to enable or disable a rule
- Delete a Rule: upon confirming your choice will delete the rule
- Added support for inline icons in Hero Attribute Tiles!
- Fixed: Navigating back from other parts of the app to a dashboard could cause the tiles to be the wrong size or colors not to be applied properly
- Fixed: dashed lines indicating expected tile position were sometimes left on a dashboard after removing a tile
- Added warning when setting a tile size smaller than 50px