Hyperlink Toggle

Would like the ability to change the hyperlink, based on a “toggle” (i.e. pass a webhooks URL with a command tied to it, based upon if the boolean is either true or false). I use “Simple Commands” with MyQ, which offers a webhook option, but the only commands are “open”, “close”, and “state” - no inverse option…

Thank you!

Can you share more details about your configuration?

If Simple Commands has the open/close commands along with the ability to get the state, then couldn’t you build a rule in Simple Commands to effectively toggle the door state?

The rule would be something like:

1. Get door state
  2. IF door is open
    a. THEN send close() command
    b. ELSE send open() command

Then in SharpTools you could activate that Simple Commands rule which gets the state and toggles it.

Thank you for the reply!

I am setting up a dashboard that has my garage doors listed and they are a “true/false” toggle if they are open or closed (using IFTTT and Webhooks). What I would like to do, is have it send a specific Webhook (URL) to either open (when false) or close (when true). I did make a feature request to Simple Commands to have them add a “toggle” or “inverse” option, rather than only open or close.

Unfortunately Simple Commands doesn’t offer any built-in rules or the ability to get a state and pass it through a Webhook…it does have a Webhook that can give the state of the garage doors, but that is received as response:

{“sessionId”:“c41e81b8-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9f5a0d7f3637”,“requestId”:“e27506c4-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-548c68e40d0c”,“responseText”:“Your AG - LB is closed. Your AG - RB is closed.”,“responseCode”:“SESSION_SUCCESS”,“followUpExpected”:false,“sessionComplete”:true,“json”:null,“applicationType”:“SIMPLECOMMANDS”}

I tried seeing if I could do something in IFTTT, Apilio, Smartthings, but I couldn’t get it to work correctly (or at least I couldn’t figure out a way for it to do so.

What about the MyQ Lite integration? [OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain) - Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community

1 Like

Bingo, thank you Chris_C. I remember trying MyQ Lite a year or two ago, but it didn’t work with my setup…now it does. I really appreciate this!

1 Like