Hue Light On after Home Assistant restart

Hello

I connected my Hue lights with sharptools over Home Assistant. After Home assistant restart all my Hue lights are on, on my sharptools dashboard. In real the lights are off. Is there a way that the status will actualise automatically, if the lights are on or off?

Best
feron

Were the lights ‘on’ in Home Assistant before the restart of Home Assistant? It seems really odd that the Hue lights are set to ‘on’ from Home Assistant after a reboot… I haven’t seen that with any other HASS device integrations.

Keep in mind that SharpTools gets its status updates from your connected smart home platform. So in the case of Home Assistant, the SharpTools Add-on is listening for the device events from Home Assistant and forwarding those on to SharpTools.

So as long as the device is generating the proper on/off events in Home Assistant, then those events should get forwarded onto SharpTools. As such, you’ll want to start by making sure the Hue integration + devices in HASS are updating as expected in this scenario.

No, the lights were not on after Home Assistant restart. On Home Assistant, the devices were off after reboot, only in Sharptools they were On. Or could it be that this is the problem in “Power On” settings of the Philips Hue App. Here I have Standard, which means On.

Thanks for the additional feedback.

I wouldn’t think so. That looks like the Hue setting for when the bulbs lose power and what state the bulbs should return to when power is restored. For example, if you lost power in your home, you can configure if the bulb will come back on to the last color, to a default warm white, etc. when power is restored.

Just to be clear, the question was if the lights were on in Home Assistant before the restart.

I’m trying to understand where the on status came from. As mentioned in my previous reply, SharpTools gets the status from Home Assistant. So at some point, Home Assistant told SharpTools that that lights were on.

I’m trying to understand the lifecycle of what’s happening. It’s not clear to me why Home Assistant would send events to SharpTools that the lights were on and when that happened.

Can you please better clarify the events/timing of what’s happening? I’m trying to understand what the status was in each system (physical lights, HASS, SharpTools) that’s leading to this scenario.

When I first read your post, it seemed to be implied that the lights were physically off before the reboot and thus would have been reported as off in HASS and off in SharpTools before the reboot.

Then I read it as if you rebooted HASS, and the physical status of the lights wouldn’t have changed, so they would have stayed off. And in Home Assistant the lights remained off after the reboot. And it was only after the reboot of Home Assistant completed that the lights showed as ‘on’ in SharpTools.

It would be really helpful to clarify the lifecycle and what the status was in each system at each step though.

I will have a look at the steps during the next restart and let you know, if I have more informations about the behaviour.