Hubitat sensors not updating iPad 9.3.5 kiosk mode

The sensor status updates immediately when I access the dashboard via my laptop, but not on the dashboard on the iPad. It is an old one: IOS 9.3.5 and corresponding Safari. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get it to refresh? I’ve rebooted. The status updates to the new state when I close Safari and reload the dashboard.

If you try controlling a device (eg. from your phone) immediately after closing Safari and reloading the dashboard, do the statuses update as expected on the iPad for a period of time?

iOS 9.3.5 is pretty ancient at this point as the only devices that should still be stuck on that version are 12+ years old at this point, so we’re limited in the amount of troubleshooting support we can provide (especially on the free tier).

Yes, if I reload the dashboard on the iPad the statuses are update, but they don’t update for any further.

I actually noticed the same and my ios is on the latest version…

1 Like

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected. Can you please describe what you’re experiencing in more detail?

:ring_buoy: Effective Ways to Seek Help and Troubleshoot

Providing your own description of the issue can yield insights and nuance that are helpful.

I have an iPad dedicated to the dashboard. I have the dashboard displayed on the iPad in kiosk mode. I icons on the dashboard do not update when a device is turned on or off, for instance, I have a tile for a light, and if I turn on the light not using the kiosk, the tile does not update its status. I notice sometime it does hours later.

Thanks for the feedback. Is it only the iPad that is impacted? For example, do you see statuses updating as expected on other devices like a computer, phone, or Amazon / Android tablet?

Can you confirm the asme question I asked of Philip – do you see statuses update when you:

1. Close the dashboard tab on Safari and close Safari completely (swipe away)
  2. Open the dashboard and verify statuses are correct
  3. Control a device (from outside the dashboard on that iPad) and confirm if the statuses update as expected