Hubitat HTML Attribute Display

Worked like a charm. THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Okay, so Iā€™m struggling and feeling really stupid about now. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m doing something wrong, but canā€™t for the life of me figure out what it is.

Iā€™ve followed the instructions to a tee: installed the Maker API app, chosen my devices, allowed access via Remote/Cloud, added the sharptools URL, and copied the endpoint example.

I then created the custom tile, filled in the settings using my device ID and attribute, saved, hit Preview andā€¦ I get the following message every time:

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something obviousā€¦ anyone have any ideas?

Can you share a screenshot of what your tile settings look like? Youā€™ll want to redact the API Key for privacy purposes of course. Or feel free to PM me the screenshot.

Hi Josh, sure thingā€¦ here you go:

It looks like you may have edited the settings in the Developer Console just above where the Custom Tile code is defined. Those settings should only be adjusted if youā€™re a developer looking to tweak the tile.

Youā€™ll want to revert that change and edit the settings directly in the tile instance on your dashboard. Thereā€™s some description and screenshots in the following post that should apply here as well:

1 Like

Doh! Okay, got itā€¦ works perfectly now! Thanks, Josh.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 4.44.44 PM

1 Like

So this was working great until a few days ago, now Iā€™m starting to get the following error. I didnā€™t change anythingā€¦ any ideas?

I would check the Hubitat Maker API (app). Looks like the custom tile is having trouble communicating with that.

Thanks, Josh. I checked everything and couldnā€™t make sense of it, but today it just started working on its own again. Mustā€™ve been a temporary glitch.

1 Like

That definitely helps! I think I see where I was going off the rails.

1 Like