Hubitat - Fully Kiosk Device Driver - 408 Error Sometimes

I don’t think this is really a SharpTools issue…but hoping someone else here has seen it.

Running Fully Kiosk on both a brand-new fire tablet and an older one as well. I use Hubitat to control them. This issue just starts happing after some period of time.

While SharpTools keeps updating tiles, the tablet itself stops responding to commands sent from the hub. I see 408 errors in the hub log. I see the message sent in the hub log and after a few seconds I see the 408 error come back.

Thanks!

I’ve rebooted routers and don’t see any errors…obviously packets from the Internet/SharpTools seem to all work. I can power off and, on the tablet, and it starts working again.

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected.

Can you share a snippet of these logs?

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I’m not at home right now, but what I mean is that the tiles on sharp tools update when I unlock or lock something …the failure is between the hub talking directly to the tablet which is not really by any means a sharp tools problem.

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. I’d love to see the logs to better understand what’s happening when you’re back at home.

Your Hubitat hub should be communicating the status updates directly to the SharpTools platform… and the SharpTools platform should be pushing those events down to your tablet in realtime.

So I’m surprised that a 408 error in the hub logs is corresponding with the tablet issues. And that rebooting the tablet resolves things.

Ah, I see what you mean now. It looks like you have Fully Kiosk exposed as a ‘device’ within Hubitat – likely using one of the community developer Fully Kiosk Drivers.

And you mean that the tablet is still connected and communicating with the internet as you’re able to interact with SharpTools just fine, but the Hubitat Fully Kiosk Driver is showing HTTP 408 errors in the Hubitat device logs when the Hubitat Hub (driver) tries to talk to the Fully Kiosk API running on the tablet running Fully Kiosk.

Yeah, that’s a better question for the Hubitat Community thread for whatever device driver you are using. :slight_smile:

Thanks Josh. …and yes…the problem is only local. It’s like the hub loses or confuses the MAC or something.