Hubitat DarkSky

I have the Hubitat darksky app running and a tile on my sharptools dashboard. All info seems to be working fine other than the forcast icon. it is showing as N/A.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for posting! What troubleshooting have you tried?

I made sure I have the sharptools option in the driver checked and that the forcasticon and weathericon fields both say lightrain which is correct but no icon shows on the dashboard

Thanks for the additional details.

lightrain is not one of the supported icon codes.

What geographic area are you in? I wanted to see if I can reproduce the issue.

near kentville, nova scotia, canada

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/nova-scotia/kentville/b4n5h6/e2161138?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=VoltronDSA&utm_campaign=VoltronDSA&utm_content=&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw84XtBRDWARIsAAU1aM38c79qRwuQDPeQxW9zgvBfgYsnJ1XV297GhSnKs0z8_4Y9tNzWsP4aAi3_EALw_wcB

Thanks. Would you mind providing a screenshot of what your Current States are for the driver?

Current States

• city : Cambridge
  • condition_icon :
  • condition_iconWithText :
    Rain
  • condition_text : Light Rain
  • feelsLike : 10.7
  • forecastIcon : lightrain
  • humidity : 100
  • illuminance : 4217
  • localSunrise : 7:30 AM
  • localSunset : 6:38 PM
  • percentPrecip : 100
  • pressure : 29.90
  • temperature : 10.7
  • ultravioletIndex : 3
  • weather : Light Rain
  • weatherIcon : lightrain
  • weatherIcons : 10d
  • weatherSummary : Weather summary for Cambridge updated at 1:57 PM on 10/12/2019. Light Rain with a high of 13.0°C and a low of 9.3°C. Humidity is 100% and the temperature is 10.7°C. The temperature feels like it is 10.7°C. Wind: Light breeze from the North-Northeast at 11.6 KPH, gusts: up to 36.5 KPH. There is a 100% chance of precipitation. Visibility is around 0.0 kilometers. No current weather alerts for this area.
  • wind : 11.6
  • windDirection : 32
  • windSpeed : 11.6
  • wind_gust : 36.5

Interesting. I’m not able to reproduce that result, but I might be hitting a different city than you as the weather is showing ‘clear’ for the areas I tried.

For a “City name” of Cambridge, I get:

Current States

• city : Cambridge
  • feelsLike : 59.2
  • forecastIcon : clear
  • humidity : 22
  • illuminance : 7861
  • localSunrise : 7:29 AM
  • localSunset : 6:57 PM
  • percentPrecip : 3
  • pressure : 30.27
  • temperature : 59.2
  • ultravioletIndex : 6
  • weather : Clear
  • weatherIcon : clear
  • wind : 2.2

For a “City name” of Cambridge, Canada I get:

Current States

• city : Cambridge, Canada
  • feelsLike : 59.4
  • illuminance : 7930
  • temperature : 59.4

For a “City name” of Kentville, Canada I get:

Current States

• city : Kentville, Canada
  • feelsLike : 59.4
  • illuminance : 7946
  • temperature : 59.4

It looks like there are other current states being shown for you, so I’m guessing there are other preferences enabled as well. I noticed that his driver has two different sets of icon names available.

For example, ‘lightrain’ looks like:

ccode: 'lightrain', 
altIcon: '11.png', 
ctext: 'Light Rain', 
owmIcon: '10d', 
stdIcon: 'rain',
luxpercent: 0.5 

Note that the ‘stdIcon’ is correct, but it looks like the ‘ccode’ is being used in your case. I’m wondering if one of the other preferences might change which icon name is used.

2 Likes

the only other preferences i have on are the two for weather summary, I guess i dont need those either

I was just looking through the code commits (history) for the Dark Sky driver and it looks like Matthew changed the condition codes and icon mapping about 10 days ago. I was still running a version of his driver from a few weeks ago which works fine.

I’m drafting a response to Mathew in his thread to see if we can get the mapping for the forecastIcon and weatherIcon cleaned up.

In the meantime, if you wanted to try a version older than 1.2.0 of his Dark Sky driver, I believe that should work for you. For example:

1 Like
Tap to expand
  • dewpoint: 10.9
  • condition_icon_url: https://tinyurl.com/y6xrbhpf/12.png
  • forecastHigh: 13
  • wind_gust: 35.1
  • cloud: 100
  • nearestStormDistance: 132
  • wind_bft_icon: wb2.png
  • sunRiseSet: {“results”:{“sunrise”:“2019-10-12T10:30:55+00:00”,“sunset”:“2019-10-12T21:38:54+00:00”,“solar_noon”:“2019-10-12T16:04:54+00:00”,“day_length”:40079,“civil_twilight_begin”:“2019-10-12T10:01:31+00:00”,“civil_twilight_end”:“2019-10-12T22:08:18+00:00”,“nautical_twilight_begin”:“2019-10-12T09:27:31+00:00”,“nautical_twilight_end”:“2019-10-12T22:42:17+00:00”,“astronomical_twilight_begin”:“2019-10-12T08:53:27+00:00”,“astronomical_twilight_end”:“2019-10-12T23:16:21+00:00”},“status”:“OK”}
  • humidity: 100
  • nearestStormDirection: North-Northwest
  • moonPhase: Full Moon
  • riseTime: 07:30
  • setTime: 18:38
  • vis: 0.00000
  • is_day: true
  • futime: Sat Oct 12 14:25:52 ADT 2019
  • pressure: 29.89
  • forecast_code: rain
  • tw_end: 19:08
  • illuminance: 3786
  • bwn: between noon and sunset
  • wind_string: Light breeze from the North-Northeast at 11.4 KPH
  • forecastLow: 9.3
  • currDate: 2019-10-12
  • wind: 11.4
  • condition_code: lightrain
  • wind_degree: 29
  • city: Cambridge
  • is_light: true
  • nearestStormCardinal: NNW
  • ozone: 268.3
  • nearestStormBearing: 345
  • tw_begin: 07:01
  • localSunrise: 7:30 AM
  • forecast_text: Rain
  • alert: No current weather alerts for this area
  • iconType: false
  • temperature: 10.9
  • percentPrecip: 100
  • currTime: 14:25
  • wind_cardinal: NNE
  • wind_string_bft: Light breeze
  • localSunset: 6:38 PM
  • condition_text: Light Rain
  • wind_direction: North-Northeast
  • ultravioletIndex: 3
  • feelsLike: 10.9
  • is_lightOld: true
  • fotime: Sat Oct 12 14:25:52 ADT 2019
  • iconLocation: https://tinyurl.com/y6xrbhpf/
  • noonTime: 13:04
  • illuminated: 3,786
  • possAlert: false

That worked, Thanks!

2 Likes

Keeping this within the same thread, but let me know if I need to start a new one:

I am also using Hubitat with Darksky. Latest version is working for me, so josh, maybe Matthew fixed it? I am curious about the ability to edit information displayed or not displayed on the Sharptools icon. I posted a screenshot below of my current info, but I can’t seem to edit any of the info. I assume this needs to occur in Hubitat? But the icon of Darksky in Hubitat is showing different info than Sharptools?

Thanks for the advice on this.

Thanks for the message. Can you clarify what you were expecting to see in the SharpTools tile?

The SharpTools weather tile determines what icon to show based on the forecastIcon or weatherIcon attribute. It looks like the weather is ‘clear’, so a clear icon is shown.

I was hoping to hide or show the various data points like windspeed or sunrise/sunset times? Thanks Josh.

I’ve been thinking about adding it as an option to the Weather Tile, so I’ve noted your request.

Edit: I’ve collapsed the notes below about publishing just the individual attributes you want. I took another look at the Dark Sky driver and it looks like the forecastIcon and weatherIcon attributes are only published when the Dash - SharpTools preference is enabled, so it won’t work as expected.

Publish Individual Attributes (Hidden)

In the meantime, you can recreate the Dark Sky device and only select the specific attributes you are interested in displaying. Most of them are optional and will not be displayed if they are not available.

Important: Make sure to create a new device using the driver. Just changing the attribute preferences on an existing device won’t do anything as the device will already have existing values stored for the attributes you no longer want.

Basically, instead of selecting the Dash - SharpTools. option in the preferences, you would switch on just the individual attributes that you are interested in. Here’s a map of the various attributes:

Makes complete sense and thanks so much for the help on this!