How do you remove a previously Authorized Location

I decommissioned my Hubitat hub and would like to remove it from SmartTools but can’t see where to do that. Thanks, Glenn

Shoot a note to support@sharptools.io and we’ll get you taken care of. :grinning:

Edit: SmartThings users can disconnect accounts by using the ‘Deny’ button during the Manage Connections authorization process. Hubitat doesn’t send a ‘disconnect’ event at the moment which is why I recommended sending us an email for Hubitat users.

Disconnect a SmartThings Account

1. Open your SharpTools.io user page
  2. Tap the Manage Connections button
  3. Tap SmartThings from the list of options
  4. If prompted to login with your SmartThings credentials, do so
  5. Select the location you want to deauthorize from the drop-down
  6. When the list of devices is shown, scroll down and select ’ Deny

Can this be done from the Android app? Mine looks different than the gif above. I’m going to Settings > Authorize Things > Home (my only location) > select a GE wall switch, and I tap Deny which gives me an error page.

Any tips?

Are you trying to deauthorize just the GE wall switch and leave other things authorized in the mobile app?

If so, proceed through the authorization process as normal and just uncheck the box for the GE wall switch and leave the rest of the boxes checked for the devices you want authorized. Then scroll down and click the authorize button.

Clicking deny will deauthorize the whole location.

I decided to go with the Samsung tray thingy and just wanted to deauth everything. Clicking Deny with it checked or unchecked creates the error message above.

Clicking Authorize with it unchecked does work (says “0 things authorized”). This was more of a paranoia/curiosity thing. Leave less breadcrumbs of my internet presence and logins lying around…

Should one be able to deauth everything/detach the account?

When you click Deny, SmartThings automatically revokes the authorization token and denies access.

Normally, they return a response indicating the denial and the SharpTools app uses that as an indication to clear out the data that is cached on your phone (all of this is happening directly between your phone and SmartThings by the way). They may have changed something with the response, so I’ll take a look and see if I can update things accordingly.

So yes, clicking deny clears out all your authorizations and disconnect things. It’s just that something changed in their denial flow, so the mobile app doesn’t get the indication to clear things out. At this point you could uninstall the app if you want.

You can also verify this by viewing the SmartApp settings in the SmartThings mobile app… and you could even completely remove the SmartApp if you wanted. :grinning:

Edit: Also just to be clear, SharpTools only gets an authorization token that it uses for accessing the devices that you’ve explicitly authorized it to have access to. It never has access to your credentials.

2 Likes