Homey Integration Discussion

I think SharpTools dashboard was one of the best part of my smarthome solution based previously on Smartthings. But I changed to Homey because of multiplatform device integration… I think that are many people who want better or the best dashboard, no matter is it a premium payable service… Could SharpTools developer consuder it…?

Was there any progress with this project?
I’m also Homey Pro user and would really like some proper dashboard.

Hi @Peter_Ksinan & @Mariusz_Przysliwski welcome to our community. We have started the initial communication with Homey a while back, and if you are interested in this integration, please reach out the Homey’s team to express your support. See the details in the top post of this thread. Thank you.

3 Likes

Following your suggestion I contacted Athom to get on board with this integration.
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Definitely, integrating with Homey is my dream.

Pozdrawiam :slight_smile:

1 Like

Homey integration gets a big vote from me too - please make it happen!

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If you haven’t already, be sure to let the Homey team know you are interested in a SharpTools integration as noted in the first post of this thread! :slight_smile:

PS. Do you have a Homey Pro or Homey Bridge?

What’s this? :thinking: :heart_eyes:

Thanks to everyone who reached out to Homey to help get them on board with this. We’ve had some great discussions with the Homey team in the final days of 2022 and are looking forward to working on an integration in 2023!

3 Likes

Hi Josh. Is there any news, on the Homey Integration, the new Pro is soon on its way, woul be great, to have a Awesome Dashboard to go whit it :O)
Best Regards Jim Denmark

Hi Jim-
We are actively working on the integration. We’ve been getting up to speed with the various Homey APIs / SDKs and have made progress toward a proof-of-concept, but there’s still quite a bit of work to be done. I’ll be sure to update this thread when there’s more to share. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Josh.

Any chance to participate at beta testing?
Ehen you expect SharpTools for Homey will be available? Approximatelly…

Thanks

Hi there! We’ll be sure to post here when the beta is ready. The core app structure along with authentication and communication pieces are in place in our dev instances and we’re working through the data modeling for Homey capabilities ↔ SharpTools capabilities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:test_tube: The SharpTools ↔ Homey integration is now available in beta!

Please send a PM to @support if you’d like to join the beta. Please note that a Homey Pro is required and the initial beta supports a limited set of device capabilities while we work on building out the various device mappings.

:tada: The SharpTools Homey integration is now available publicly! Tap the ‘Homey’ option in the Manage Connections list from your SharpTools User Page for more details.

3 Likes

Hey Josh, good to hear there is now a beta available. I have sent a request to @support to join! Keep up this great progres!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [BETA] Homey Pro Integration

Hi,
I was very pleased with your integration with Homey pro. I used sharptools in conjunction with Home Assistant some time ago, and due to the change of platform to Homey Pro had to give up on you. Now I’m back and waiting for more things to be supported, because I know what possibilities you have. More than 120 of my devices are waiting for integration!!! I wish you fruitful tests and enlargement of supported devices as soon as possible :).

3 Likes

I installed the Sharptools app on my homey and connected successfully. I would like to cast the sharptool dashboard from my homey to my nest hub. How does it work?

Does everyone has examples how your dashboards looks like? I would like to know what is possible with sharptools and homey.

The Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards! thread has a bunch of examples of how people have setup their dashboards from across a variety of different platforms. :slight_smile:

You would need to be able to login on the device that the dashboard is displayed on. For example, you could link a Phone/SMS login to your SharpTools account which would enable you to login on a Google Cast touchscreen display as that type of display typically doesn’t bring up a keyboard, but you can tap the keyboard icon to the right of the phone login which brings up an onscreen numeric input.

That being said, I haven’t seen a lot of people posting about actually using casting as a primary way to display their dashboards, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s challenging (or not possible) to login on many cast devices, like a TV.

Thanks for the answer. That works with the nest hub Login.

Another question about the homey integration. I have several devices with different informations like a netatmo weather module (Battery, Temperature, ppm, humidity). SharpTools Online shows me the temperature and the battery. Is it also possible to show the other arguments like ppm or humiditiy? How does it work?

You can check which attributes and capabilities have been synced over to SharpTools by viewing the device details:

1. Open your SharpTools User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to your Homey location
  3. Scroll down and tap on the device in question

A common approach is to use a Hero Attribute tile or Super Tile to display your preferred custom attributes. You can find an explanation of the different tile types here: